Energy tips during the heatwave

jantango

Registered
From Edesur

The heat is still present and these days we make more use of appliances to cool the home. But keep in mind that this can have an impact on your electricity bill.

We give you some tips and information to be more efficient and make responsible use of energy.

The air always at 24°
It is the ideal temperature to keep rooms cool and save. For every degree you lower, the appliance's electricity demand will grow between 5 and 8%.

Bet on the fan
They are low consumption equipment, ideal for lowering the thermal sensation in environments.

Read the energy efficiency label
If you plan to buy an appliance, keep in mind that the label helps us to know its efficiency: the highest efficiency is green, class A+++, and the lowest efficiency is red, class G.

Avoid vampire consumption
Electronic devices consume energy, even when they are turned off. Unplug them when you don't use them.

go LED
The consumption of LED lamps is 10 times less than an incandescent lamp and 8 times less than a halogen lamp. Also, they last 7 times longer than these technologies.

Taking care of energy is everyone's responsibility.

There may come a time when electricity is not available 24/7. That will be a game changer for the country. Other countries already face it. If we start now by reducing consumption, it won't be as difficult when we are faced with blackouts for hours or days or availability during certain hours. The same applies to water usage.

The forgot the generator; their tips only work if Edesur hasn't cut your power.

I just spent $50,000 on voltage protectors because we were getting anywhere between 100V and 300V fluctuations and some of my electronic cords are burned; no known device damage yet thankfully.

I hope Edesur sent something to all the businesses where lights are turned on all day when the sun is shining. There is an office building on my block where all the entrance lights are on 24/7. A man commented "they have plenty of money to pay the bill." Of course, that's not the point. Electricity is wasted by so many businesses.

Residents in my building (who are decades younger than I am) turn on the hallway lights while the sun is shining without thinking about it. They don't realize that nine lights are on for one minute. I'm the only one who enters without turning on the lights, even at night when I return late from a concert. After 21 years, I know exactly how many steps it takes to get to my door and open it with a key. Somehow I have managed without air-conditioning all these years in BA. My electric bill proves it; I pay one or two dollars each month.

A neighbor has all the lights on the patio and the garden wall on (while indoors) for four to five hours at night all year long (which I view from my bedroom window). She also leaves the kitchen lights on even when she's not home. The air-conditioning unit is running when she is outdoors. There is a limitless supply of energy for all her needs or so she thinks. She has a hearing disability so Edesur gives her the social tariff rate. She probably consumes more than others but doesn't have to pay for what she consumes.

There are several residents in the building who receive the Edesur bills in the name a deceased person. Since I am the only one in the building who receives the Edesur bill by email, I got the following message recently and shared it with all the residents so someone would know they face having their electricity disconnected by Edesur.

We are contacting you to inform you that the National Electricity Regulatory Entity (ENRE) detected -based on data provided by the National Tax and Social Identification System (SINTyS)- that the owner of the service that corresponds to the reference customer has died.

In this situation, the Change of Ownership procedure must be carried out in accordance with the provisions of article 1, paragraph e) of the Supply Regulations (see footnote). We inform you that, in case of not doing so, we are authorized to cut off the supply.

Remember that having the service in your name streamlines the management of procedures and technical claims, and that the change of ownership is free of charge.reglamento de suministro de energia electrica.jpg

The forgot the generator; their tips only work if Edesur hasn't cut your power.

I just spent $50,000 on voltage protectors because we were getting anywhere between 100V and 300V fluctuations and some of my electronic cords are burned; no known device damage yet thankfully.
PLEASE tell me that means 50K pesos and not 50K USD

Terrified watching neighbours blocking streets around Barrio Constitucion. without LIGHT, for a week, means no water, no elevators, no aircon , no Cable, no internet, no fridge, no mail, no electric, stove, etc. OMG . And no solution in sight...!!! Should one ask AirBnb for refund.. just saying..

PLEASE tell me that means 50K pesos and not 50K USD
For about $50.000,pesos you could buy seven of these:

There are other models which accept more plugs, but I don't want to draw too much current from a single wall outlet.

Last edited:
Back