ENGLISH BOOK SWAP & SOIREE

igor

Administrator
(reposted, please contact the author directly by email)
Posted by: "Deby Novitz" [email protected] tango_spam
Mon Jun 5, 2006 4:45 pm (PST)

And now the social event of the season! For those of you who are new to this list I host a book swap 3 times a year. I have been reluctant to do it this month because of my fractured hip. But necessity is the mother of invention, and being laid up has me lacking in books! Hopefully some of you will volunteer to come and help me out.

SUNDAY JUNE 11 4:00 - 7:00 PM

The English Book Swap is a way for those of us who read in English who want to exchange books. This is a fun event not only for those of us in the Ex-Pat Community, but for any Argentines who would like to read in English as well.

In order to swap books you must bring books. Please bring books that are readable. (No 10 year textbooks or Lower Slobovia Dictionaries) You may take as few or as many books as you want. The object is for no books to be left at the end of the swap. Last time there were over 40 people who came and about 120 books were exchanged. (I think I still have about 25 from the last swap)

To make this social, please bring something to share - whether it is to drink or eat. The last event was a gourmet buffet with homemade bagels and russian pastry. The food was as diverse as the people and the books. There were people from the U.S., Canada, Wales, Malaysia, New Zealand, Australia, India, and of course Argentina.

At the last swap people asked about trading CDs. If there is enough interest, I think it would be a great idea. Please let me know if you would like to do this as well.

I live in Palermo Viejo near the Plaza Italia Subte Station. If you are interested in coming, please email me for my address and directions. Just so you know, I do have a dog. She doesn't read, but she does help host.

Besos

Deby

*** As I am still getting around via crutches and wheelchair I would appreciate if some of you would voluteer to help me set up and clean up.***

Back