English Masters Graduate looking for Work.

Steph170

Registered
Hi,

I have recently moved to Buenos Aires and I am looking for work.
I am currently living in Recoleta and taking an intensive Spanish course with the aim of fluency.
I have a degree and a Masters in English Language and Literature and I have over 4 years continuous work history. I also hold a CELTA but I am not looking for teaching work.

I am looking for work either in research, executive assistant, publishing or editing fields.
I have excellent computer skills and I am competent at usiing Microsoft Office including excel (spreadsheets) and Powerpoint.
I have PA experience at a senior level, various research experience developed from my Masters and some project management experience in my last role.

I would thrive in a role that is creative and allows autonomy, I am hard working and extremely reliable.

Please PM me if you know of anything suitable!
Thanks,
Steph

You didn´t say what your status is. Can you work legally in Argentina? Do you have your DNI? Without that, it will be very difficult, but not completely impossible, to find that type of work.

I am in the process of getting my paperwork translated so that I can go through the DNI route. I realise this is quite difficult for foreigners.

Since you are new to the fourm it's impossible to know how well aware you are of the requsites for employment as far as migraciones is concerned. There have been several "newcomers" recently who indicated they were going to apply for a DNI but were not aware that the job offer has to come first, then residency and then the DNI.

If the employer is registered to hire foreigners for the type of work you are seeking the process is not really difficult. In that case the employer will provide you with the proper document that you will need to apply for temporary residency (in addition to those you must provide).

An English institute might be able to help you get a work visa but the pay is abysmal. Someone recently posted they offered 40 pesos per hour. Private students pay more but teaching them will not help you qualify for a work visa.

There are many threads on the subject you can find using the search feature.

Great thanks for this info! I did have some understanding that you have to have a position of employment before you can get a DNI but I was also informed that you firstly need all of your paper work translated into Spanish as the first step? This is what I am currently in the process of doing. I will read the other threads to check that this is the correct process.

Thanks

Steph, what are your plans re duration of stay in Bsas? Many employers are not willing to invest in training for anything less than a 1-2 year commitment so it would be good to hear if you came with any ties (boyfriend etc) or plans to bind you to this great city?

Hi, I have a felxible flight so that I can change the date for up to a year, If I can secure employment through all the right channels and I am still enjoying it here then I am looking to be here for a year.

Steph170 said:
Great thanks for this info! I did have some understanding that you have to have a position of employment before you can get a DNI but I was also informed that you firstly need all of your paper work translated into Spanish as the first step? This is what I am currently in the process of doing. I will read the other threads to check that this is the correct process.

Thanks

What do you understand is the needed paperwork that must be translated?

Migraciones no longer requires the birth certificate. Do you have a criminal background report from your home country and any others you have lived in for a year or more in the past three and does it have the seal of the apostille?

If you are from the USA and don't have the FBI report it will take 60 to 90 days to get it and you will have to send them your fingerprints first. The Argentine criminal report is necessary just to make an apointment with migraciones, but you can wait until you have the job offer to get one. You will not be able to start working until you have the residencia precaria...at the least.

If you are from the US and don't already have the FBI report you probably won't be able to start a job (working en blanco) until September...at the earliest. Age will also be a factor. If you are over 30 finding work will be more difficult.

Hi,

I am from England, I understood that there are various documents that you need translating ( birth certificate being one of them and a CRB) I have only been here for a couple of weeks so I am still very much in the early stages of settling in and finding out information. I have been given the contact details of a legal translator ( i think this is what they are called) by a Swiss friend and I am in the process of contacting them to find out everything that is required.

Here' what you will need tpo get trmporary residency and the DNI:

MIGRANT WORKER REQUIREMENTS

DOCUMENTS TO SUBMIT:

a) IDENTITY: Identity Card, Passport or Certificate of Citizenship with photo, originals. These documents must be in force and in good condition and submitted with a full set of copies including blank pages.
b) CERTIFICATE OF ARGENTINE CRIMINAL RECORDS Issued by the National Registry of Reoffend, or Federal Police. Only requires to those over 16 years.
c) CERTIFICATE OF LACK OF CRIMINAL RECORD issued by the competent authorities of the countries where they have resided for a period exceeding ONE (1) year, during the course of the last THREE (3) years. Only requires to those over 16 (sixteen) years.
d) AFFIDAVIT of lack of criminal record in other countries (it will be produce in migration at the time of application for residence). e) ENTRY. Country entry seal stamped to a travel document or migration card.

CERTIFICATE OF DOMICILE OR AN INVOICE OF ANY PUBLIC SERVICE WITHYOUR NAME (ABL, electricity, water or gas)
Settling tax: NON MERCOSUR $ 600
TWO 4X4 COLOR PHOTOS (It must be current, taken from the front, half bust, with the head completely uncovered, color, white even background, allowing appreciate faithfully and in all its fullness the holder's facial features when manage the procedure).

A) Labor pre-contract signed by the parties.
The pre-contract must specify:
Parties’ personal data, tasks to be performed by the foreigner, working hours, length of the labor relationship, address where the foreigner will work, remuneration to receive (it must comply with the collective bargaining agreement of the activity to be developed) and tax identification number (CUIT) of the employer.
If the employer was represented by a third party, must accompany the Power naming him.
The signatures must be certified by a notary public or before an agent of this National Direction when starting the application for residence. (In the sector report there is a model of a labor pre-contract)

B) Proof of employer's registration with the federal administration of public revenue (AFIP)
C) Proof of employer’s registration in the Single National Registry of Foreigner Applicant of the National Direction of Migration (NDM Regulation No.: 54618/08)

Note: within thirty (30) continuous days from the start of the residence application shall submit to the sector of receiving documentation, evidence of early register, issued by the federal administration of Public Revenue (AFIP) and signed by the employer.

THE RESIDENCE TO GIVE WILL BE TEMPORARY

IMPORTANT:
•All documents issued abroad must have the legalization of the Argentine Consulate, located in the country issuing the document Ministry of Foreign Affairs, International Trade and Worship, or Apostille, if the country has ratified the Hague Convention .
• Without detriment of that established on international agreements or conventions in force, any documents issued by consular representatives in the national territory must have the legalization of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, International Trade and Worship, except MERCOSUR.
• All documents issued in a foreign language must have the Spanish translation made by National Public Translator (Section 6 Law No. 20.305) and legalized by the Translators' Association.
• The documents submitted should be original and be accompanied by their respective copy, in order to proceed to their certification. The National Direction of Migration may require, if deemed necessary, additional documentation to those detailed before.

Source: http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/accesibleingles/?nomercosur_temporaria

The birth certificate is no longer required. If a translator tells you it is they are either unaware of this or are simply creating additional work for their own enrichment.

Back