English pronounciation

Roxana

Registered
I am looking for a good resource (like a book, or software) available to help a friend of mine to improve his English pronounciation.

Thank you both for your quick inputs. He doesnt have an iPod, but I saw many softwares at amazon.

A lot of online dictionaries now have pronunciation if someone needs to know how to pronounce a specific word. You can click on the speaker link and hear how the word is said. It is a good resource to use with other pronunciation tools.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary

Thank you, however let me clarify that I am looking specifically for something to help with sentences' pronounciation (pitch) if possible.

Yeah a dictionary won´t be of much help then. What about podcasts? This could also work with an ipod. I think Lee mentioned apps.

I don't know your friend's level of English, but if he has the time, he would probably benefit more from authentic input and guidance than artificial materials. There are plenty of native English speakers in Buenos Aires that would be willing to exchange pronunciation lessons for Spanish conversation; I've had several intercambios like that. Maybe he could put up an ad on Craigslist (or this site!)?

Thats a very good idea, and he is already doing that. But because of the nature of his work, he has some spare time at his office to study through a podcast, or software application. Thank you.

Back