English Speaking Optometrist in BsAs and Eye Glasses

Joe

Registered
Can anyone recommend an English speaking optometrist in BsAs. After 10 good years of Lasix I am in need of glasses.

What should I expect to pay for an eye examination and prescription?

Any recommendation for where to get eye glasses and how much it will cost?

Joe said:
Can anyone recommend an English speaking optometrist in BsAs. After 10 good years of Lasix I am in need of glasses.

What should I expect to pay for an eye examination and prescription?

Any recommendation for where to get eye glasses and how much it will cost?

I would think that the benefits of Lasik eye surgery would last forever. Perhaps, you should seek out an ophthalmologist not an optometrist (at least for starters).

I was blind as a bat (-8 on my contacts) before the surgery and can still see pretty well. But slowly but surely getting a little more near sighted.

And I skied all winter in Colorado and might have damaged my eyes a little from the sun (even with goggles on it is bright).

From what I've been told, one's eyes after corrective surgery naturally (albeit slowly) regress to the status quo ante (for most of us, that means back to near-sightedness). Apparently the causes of the regression aren't yet completely understood.

So does anyone know an optometrist or opthamalogist they can recommend? I don't need english speaking, but I need someone good!

(Joe, you think you were bad, I'm -8.5 and -10 in contact lenses, plus have dry eye and an astigmatism -- for me, I'm not planning any surgeries until they really truly cannot help my vision with contacts anymore!)

syngirl, I don't blame you. I think eye surgery is an unnecessary risk and I probably will never do it again. I did my surgery 10 years ago when Lasik was still new - not really a good idea in hindsight.

Although the surgery improved my vision greatly - it also gave me a slight case of astigmatism as well as reducing my night vision.

But all in all, 10 years of freedom from glasses was a pretty good run.

In the US, I've seen about three optometrist in the last ten years and they all provided what seemed like a pretty thorough exam looking for disease, detached retina, etc. I don't know if that is the practice here or not. Do you need to go to an ophthalmologist in Argentina to get an exam beyond just a prescription?

I found another post that recommends an optometrist and a Lasik office as well: http://baexpats.org/expat-life/4590-laser-eye-surgery.html

Here is the optometrist recommended:

Optometrist: Dr. Baccarelli
Tel: 011 4311 5187

Dr. Daniel Scorsetti - opthamologist and surgeon
Ayacucho 1342 piso 2 (Recoleta)
4806-8060/8061/3684

a private exam and consultation is 250 pesos.

jantango said:
Dr. Daniel Scorsetti - opthamologist and surgeon
Ayacucho 1342 piso 2 (Recoleta)
4806-8060/8061/3684

a private exam and consultation is 250 pesos.

Have you (or someone you know) gone to this ophthalmologist and can recommend his work? I am also looking an English speaking ophthalmologist, but for Lasik in addition to the exams before and afterward.

The optometrist listed above, Dr. Baccarelli, was recommended to me through a friend that lives here, but I don't know whether or not he speaks English

syngirl said:
So does anyone know an optometrist or opthamalogist they can recommend? I don't need english speaking, but I need someone good!

My eye doctor is Pablo Andersson at the Hospital Británico. He speaks good English and immediately recognised the complications I have from an earlier retinal detachment. From my own experience, I'd recommend him.

Back