English Teachers - Need Your Input

mybeautifulair

Registered
Hey BA English Teachers!

I'm looking for recommendations of English Schools in Buenos Aires.

Are there any good schools/institutes that you would recommend to potential teachers? Are there any that would you tell people to avoid?

Is working for an institute/school the best option for English teachers? Is going freelance and offering your own classes the way to go?

Thanks for any and all advice/input!

Hi,

My friend and I have just moved to Buenos Aires and are also wondering exactly the same - does anyone have any experience of teaching here with the institutes? Any advice would be fabulosa,

Thanks

(E-living) is the most fun and friendly institute where the people are nice and give a shit about you. pay is 37-40 pesos an hour but the location of the student can be almost anywhere, so traveling can be a hassel.

(Pensaris) For me this one is the most efficient, they only pay 35 P and hour but all the work is usually in the same place (accenture) and they have a lot of it.

(LanguageHub) Pay is 40 P an hour, the owner is a fucking bitch, there is no room for error here you will get bitched at.I dont recommend this one but it might be fore some people.

Freelance is the way to go, IF you can get students. If you're native, then automatically you can charge a minimum of 50 P and even still that's cheap. Its best if you can find people who havefriends to take classes with you and charge more and have them all split the bill.

I was charging 120 P for the hour if I had to travel to a students place before I quit teaching.

My best advice is don't lose hope, but also beware. Teaching English here is an annoying and frustrating job.

Edit: BTW i wrote down in a previous post some institutes, but since I cursed in the post it needs to be approved by a moderator, so wait for it :)

go freelance if you can and build up a nucleus of students,it also benefits you as you can choose your working hours to suit you,good luck

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Jobs 4
C Jobs 16
C Expat Life 0
C Jobs 0
C Jobs 0
Back