English woman carpenter in Buenos Aires!

browny

Registered
Hi everyone My name's Lynsey and I live here in the Capital. I am a scenic constructor for theatre sets, tv, film etc and work with both wood and metal. Check out my web site. www.lynseybrown.com.ar I am a carpenter too and can build furntiure or do any repair/restoration on furniture. I have visited some of the theatre's here in Buenos Aires but they are mainly union based so i cant find paid work easily. My profession is kinda rare in the UK let alone here in Argentina where it is a fairly macho or machista as the locals call it! I guess im just wondering if anyone has any links to the industry or if you ever need a trust worthy carpenter you know who to call!!! Aside that i am also looking to meet new people and learn more about this city I have chosen to live in...these forums are great for this. Thanks!

Hi Lynsey

I can put you in touch with some architects who designed some interesting furniture and storage for me and then had it built. They seem to do a lot of retail space store front design as well, which might overlap with your experience. PM me and I'll give you there contact info.

I will also have a small furniture reconstruction job I'd like to get a quote on,

thanks.

clooz said:
Hi Lynsey

I can put you in touch with some architects who designed some interesting furniture and storage for me and then had it built. They seem to do a lot of retail space store front design as well, which might overlap with your experience. PM me and I'll give you there contact info.

I will also have a small furniture reconstruction job I'd like to get a quote on,

thanks.

Thanks! That would be great.... Ill send you a message and we can arrange a time to meet and discuss your reconstruction job...! Lynsey

Definitely just recommend building small pieces of great furniture and selling it. Maybe you can get a boutique in Palermo to pick up your stuff. You'll have to work to find ways to sell it, but there's definitely a market for it and you'll surely make better money than trying to get hired by a company.

Yeah defo, thats something im already onto (check out my latest project below)!...my problem at the moment is finding a space to build. I'm doing small jobs but all on my balcony! I guess once i get some money behind me i can rent a workshop...where and how much that would cost.. i have no idea yet!?

Thanks for the tip ;-)

Attachments

• P1300659 (Custom).JPG
    P1300659 (Custom).JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 18
Back