Entering and leaving argentina with different passports

esllou

Registered
If I had 2 passports from having dual nationality, could I enter argentina with passport A and leave using passport B?

I smile just thinking about how the immigration officials would feverishly page through my passport looking for the corresponding stamp...

esllou said:
If I had 2 passports from having dual nationality, could I enter argentina with passport A and leave using passport B?

I smile just thinking about how the immigration officials would feverishly page through my passport looking for the corresponding stamp...

They would presume you had entered the country illegally and you would have to tell them the trust, making you look slightly more stupid than them :eek:

Bad idea, and that's valid for anywhere in the world...the only techincal excpetion is going in with one passport...getting it stolen, than you have to get a new passport, or travel document...and walk nicely first to immigration to solve out the mess....

solerboy said:
They would presume you had entered the country illegally and you would have to tell them the trust, making you look slightly more stupid than them :eek:

It really is not hard to tell the truth.

I trust you. It's easy to look stupid...and that's the truth.

Trust me. :p

steveinbsas said:
I trust you. It's easy to look stupid...and that's the truth.

Ooops , little typo there.

I made a mistake in 1968 and that's the first one since. I blame this oversensitive keyboard !

i did it crossing from arg to bolivia, i had to get an "habilitacion de salida" at the arg immigration $300 (right there at the border) for them to stamp my other passport, otherwise the next country you enter won't allow you without an exit stamp.

you usually have to enter and leave with same document. if you don't they usually stop you and make you show your original document.
you can however leave argentina and enter brazil (for example) with your second one. i did that from Iguazu as i needed a visa on my canadian passport to enter brazil, but not on my UK. Customs were literally next to each other. i received my exit stamp, from argentina, switched passports in front of them and entered with my Uk.

if you do that they are going to stamp your passport with a bann for 5 years. I just saw a chinesse passport like that, and he cross the border from bolivia. Regards

Back