Entering as a resident with DNI after over 2 years

Ange2022

Registered
Hi,
Does anyone know if I can enter as a resident with my dni extranjero when, due to pandemic and my 2019 trip being cancelled, it is now over two years since my last visit in 2018?
I tried contacting my local embassy, but the info links they sent me did not cover this!
Thanks! 🙏

There already is the exact same thread in this forum. Go check it.

There already is the exact same thread in this forum. Go check it.
The most recent answers (since January 17, 2022) to this question can be found here:

Hi,
Does anyone know if I can enter as a resident with my dni extranjero when, due to pandemic and my 2019 trip being cancelled, it is now over two years since my last visit in 2018?
I tried contacting my local embassy, but the info links they sent me did not cover this!
Thanks! 🙏
However, it's HIGHLY unlikely you will have any issue entering with a valid permanent DNI. For about 1.5 years Migraciones had suspended the expiration of all residencias during COVID so you can always argue that applied to you as well. But Migraciones does NOT automatically cancel permanent residence for not being in the country for 2 years. It only happens if they notice and they care to bother.

However, it's HIGHLY unlikely you will have any issue entering with a valid permanent DNI. For about 1.5 years Migraciones had suspended the expiration of all residencias during COVID so you can always argue that applied to you as well. But Migraciones does NOT automatically cancel permanent residence for not being in the country for 2 years. It only happens if they notice and they care to bother.
Somewhat like (but probabaly nowhere near as risky as) the "border runs" to get a new 90 day (aka three month) tourist permit (aka visa).

In both cases, the person entering will find themselves at the mercy (aka whim) of the border agent...

..but it rarely ends badly. 🤠

Hi,
Thanks! 🙏
Time was frozen since Marh 16th 2020 up o June 1st 2021. Deduct those months to see if it is valid. However, cancellation is discretional, depends on the cause you used to get PR.

Back