Entry/Exit fee at Aeroparque?

cassiem13

Registered
Hey all,
I'll be flying to Uruguay for a month this summer, and was wondering if Americans have to pay the entry (and a rumored exit) fee at Aeroparque or if that's only from Ezeiza. It is an international flight, obviously, but not from the international airport. I am overstayed, so I'll have to pay the fine, but should I expect any additional fees coming or going?
Thanks!

You don't have to pay the entrance fee at Aeroparque. Only at EZE but there is an exit fee to fly to Uruguay. I think it was $18 US the last time I flew out. I fly to Montevideo and Punta del Este quite a bit and they do charge a "regional departure tax". So keep that in mind.

I'm not sure where you pay the overstay fine at Aeroparque. I've only heard of it at EZE but I'm sure they must have some area where they check that and you can pay. It's better not to overstay your visa as you can jeopardize your chances of entering to Argentina in the future. I have a friend that works in the government that said they are trying to get a better handle on tourists that overstay their tourists visa and stay in the country illegally longer than permitted so keep that in mind. And true to these comments she told me...I've talked to Americans I know that had a hard time after crossing back from Uruguay only for the day. They were warned they are going to start cracking down on it.

Hopefully they don't go the route of Brazil and severely limit the # of total days per year you can stay in the country. In Brazil it's something like 180 days and they are VERY strict. I know Americans that have gotten deported from Brazil and forced to leave as they were overstaying their visas and illegally living in Brazil. Argentina could go the same route.

aeroparque is closed right now so depending on when you're going, you may not be flying from there. If you're leaving in November, you may be leaving from EZE so you would need to pay the fees.

Thanks everyone. I'm leaving late December, and coming back Jan 31, so hopefully I won't have any entry fees. And I think you're right, Howard, that fee was built into the ticket price. Good to know no entry fees at Aeroparque though!

cassiem13 said:
Thanks everyone. I'm leaving late December, and coming back Jan 31, so hopefully I won't have any entry fees. And I think you're right, Howard, that fee was built into the ticket price. Good to know no entry fees at Aeroparque though!
have a good trip:)

cassiem13 said:

One of the important parts of the work being carried out at Aeroparque this month is a new immigration center at the international arrivals section. So it could be possible that they may be installing the booths to pay the entry fee as well !

The good news is that the arrivals duty free shop is being extended as well - so if they hit you with the fee , you can buy a bottle of something to drown your sorrows

Back