Entry Fee For Chile?

natykerouac

Registered
I'm from the U.S. and don't have any Argentine documentation yet. If I take a bus from BsAs to Santiago, will I need to pay the entry fee (is there one?)?
Also, will I need to show proof of exiting Chile, or can I say I will buy the bus ticket there (since you can only buy them 30 days in advance anyway)?

I'm from the U.S. and don't have any Argentine documentation yet. If I take a bus from BsAs to Santiago, will I need to pay the entry fee (is there one?)?
Also, will I need to show proof of exiting Chile, or can I say I will buy the bus ticket there (since you can only buy them 30 days in advance anyway)?

Chile now participates in US VisaWaiver Program, and no longer collects retaliation fee.

Yup no more fees for US Citizens in Chile. I haven't crossed by bus but at the airport they have never asked for proof of onward travel, do note that they take the 90 day visa seriously there, so it's best to leave and reenter with a new stamp or get an extension prior to that if you want to stay longer.

Back