Escribanos Fees

solerboy

Registered
I am selling my property in Buenos Aires.

I have a buyer and we have agreed a price of us$142,000.Nothing has been signed yet.

The buyer has now told me that I will need to pay us$4000 in fees.

When I bought my apartment I was told that the buyer pays the escribanos Fees and indeed this is confirmed in a newspaper artical from that period.

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/882254-la-compra-paso-a-paso

I wondered if other members had views on this. I dont want to loose my buyer but it seems to me he is trying to pass the expenses he should be paying onto me.

What do you think ?

The normal sharing of the costs are that the seller pays half the impuesto de sellos, all of the impuesto a la transferencia de inmuebles (ITI) and cost of the estado parcelario. The buyer pays half the impuesto de sellos, the fees for recording the new deed and all of the honorarios escribano. If an inmobiliaria is involved, the commission is usually shared around half/half.

You can, however, make an agreement any way you see fit. If you don't like the buyer's offer, tell him no.

Remember, if you haven't got one already, you need to already have a Codigo de Oferta de Transferencia de Inmuebles (COTI), otherwise you'll get in trouble with AFIP. It's required whenever the sale price or valor fiscal is over $300k pesos. You need it before even accepting an offer or marketing the property.

solerboy said:
I am selling my property in Buenos Aires.

I have a buyer and we have agreed a price of us$142,000.Nothing has been signed yet.

The buyer has now told me that I will need to pay us$4000 in fees.

When I bought my apartment I was told that the buyer pays the escribanos Fees and indeed this is confirmed in a newspaper artical from that period.

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/882254-la-compra-paso-a-paso

I wondered if other members had views on this. I dont want to loose my buyer but it seems to me he is trying to pass the expenses he should be paying onto me.

What do you think ?
did you sell ok?surely you,re not going back to Leicester!!!!!:eek:

Back