eSIM option in Buenos Aires?

earlyretirement

Registered
Happy New Year everyone. I haven't been to Buenos Aires during COVID. Heading down in a few weeks. Does anyone know if it's possible to get an eSIM in Buenos Aires for the new iPhone 14+? It's a bit annoying that the iPhone 14+ doesn't have the sim tray anymore because several countries I've been to lately don't have e-SIM's yet.

Has anyone had any experience getting an Argentine # with eSIM? Thanks in advance.

Happy New Year everyone. I haven't been to Buenos Aires during COVID. Heading down in a few weeks. Does anyone know if it's possible to get an eSIM in Buenos Aires for the new iPhone 14+? It's a bit annoying that the iPhone 14+ doesn't have the sim tray anymore because several countries I've been to lately don't have e-SIM's yet.

Has anyone had any experience getting an Argentine # with eSIM? Thanks in advance.
I can't answer your question, but I have a related issue. I need to buy a new iphone in USA to take for long stays in Argentina. My fear with the esim phone is that if this phone is lost or stolen in Argentina, you cannot get your USA phone number re-installed because you might not be able to get an eSim phone in Argentina. My solution to this problem is to buy an iPhone 13 with a sim tray and take extra sim cards with you. I was told by TMobile that if you insert a blank TMobile sim card into ANY phone while in Argentina, they can reset the card with your old phone number. This seems like a workable solution that i will try. Good luck!

I used an Airalo eSIM for Argentina for the month of November. It worked perfectly well.

I think its possible to do it, I had claro SIM, lost it, and went to Claro Store and they gave me an eSIM with same phone number for free.

Personal has eSims. The current policy is only to give them to people with contracts and not for people with prepago, or pay as you go. We have e-sims in our prepagos, but they are from before they instituted the current policy. We use them as a second sim, keeping the US numbers active as well.

Maybe it is different at the airport. I am reporting what I was told at the Personal office on Santa Fe in Recoleta about 3 weeks ago. We were in a situation where I had an esim but my husband didn‘t. Both phones are in my name, and they did add his, but the woman who did it seemed surprised that it worked. At first she had told me that she could not do it because it was prepago.

It looks like Claro offers eSim, and their site says nothing about restricting it to those with a Plan, but I can't swear to it from personal experience. I just use a cheap and basic Samsung, for which I paid all of 200 dollars, hardly in the range of something ooh la la like an iPhone 14.

Respectfully, another question might be, are you sure you want to bring a hot new iPhone to this country, as opposed to buying something cheap and disposable here? My last phone was a somewhat nicer Samsung, which was stolen from me in a bump-and-run on the subte.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to answer. I will try Personal. I lived in BA for 9 years previously and always has a shiny new phone and never had issues.

Personal's website says they have eSIM but when I went to the stores in Belgrano no one had them, and the main store in Palermo said they don't do them anymore. I do have one tray though, so I use local physical SIM and US eSIM.

Back