Everything About Sending Money Out Of Argentina

Shoeb

Registered
Hi,

I could not find any clear answer on sending money out of argentina and I need to get things right. So if you are working and getting paid in argentina(en blanco) does your normal bank allow transfering money out of argentina and is there any limit also how smooth the process is.

you did not find any clear answer because there is no clear answer about anything in argieland, especially if it is about money. the only certainty here is uncertainty.

have a nice day :lol:

No one's answering because it's been answered before or they don't know themselves (see above). Here's a link to a google search that produces at least 4 threads: https://www.google.com.ar/search?rlz=1C9BKJA_enUS702US702&hl=en-US&ei=nhXhWKqxOIz8wQTo3rjYCQ&q=baexpats%3A+money+out+of+argentina&oq=baexpats%3A+money+out+of+argentina&gs_l=mobile-gws-serp.3...101818.103073.0.104098.4.4.0.0.0.0.109.358.3j1.4.0....0...1c..64.mobile-gws-serp..0.3.290...30i10k1j33i21k1.16PMZJ4K--w

How to search Baexpats easily: use google... enter the name of the site and a colon and follow that with your text you want to find.

Lot's of good options in these threads. I don't have personal experience with this to provide an answer of my own.

How to search Baexpats easily: use google... enter the name of the site and a colon and follow that with your text you want to find.

More precise instructions on google site search...enter site: and the name of the site and follow that with your text you want to find

Sample search... site:baexpats.org money out of Argentina

Returns the search in the link below...

https://www.google.com.ar/search?q=site%3Abaexpats.org+money+out+of+argentina&rlz=1C9BKJA_enUS702US702&oq=site%3Abaexpats.org+money+out+of+argentina&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i58.38115j0j7&hl=en-US&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

under madame kirchner, it was illegal to remove more than 10k dollars on your person from arg under any circumstances and trying to send a bank wire was a bureaucratic nightmare that opened you up to accusations of shady dealings and confiscation of your money. has anything changed under macri? this is not a rhetorical question, comments are welcome.

As far as I know from a friend there are no more limits anymore transferring money out of the country.
But as it has been said here before that the rules are very unclear.

If you work in blanco I guess you have a cuenta de sueldo (sorry for the argie terms). I would recommend that you go to your bank and ask them about the details, fees, etc.

As far as I know from a friend there are no more limits anymore transferring money out of the country.
But as it has been said here before that the rules are very unclear.

If you work in blanco I guess you have a cuenta de sueldo (sorry for the argie terms). I would recommend that you go to your bank and ask them about the details, fees, etc.

I know this country well. I can not imagine they would ever let people en masse, transfer money out of the country regardless of who the president is. Here is the basic reason: If they let people freely transfer their own dollars, there will be capital flight that puts downward pressure on the peso, which is inflationary, amongst other problems. If they let people freely transfer their pesos out they have the same problem but worse, the central bank has to forward those dollars, not the sender, because those pesos have no value outside Argieland. Pesos will be sold for usd, euros, etc. and the argie central bank is left holding the bag....full of dirty pesos.

The other thing is, i have seen time and time and time again, argies always promise they will allow this or that, will reform this that and the other unworkable mess they have created before yeah yeah yeah suuuuure but in practice its chaos, nobody knows what the rules are. This is *classic* argie. A friggin mess. Once again, its left up to interpretation on a case by case basis. ad hoc. More arguments. Ive seen this *exact* pattern play out in other areas here, its like watching the same movie over and over again.

This was posted on a different thread recently by earlyretirement:

"I recently sold an apartment and I was surprised that you can even wire funds OUT of your US dollar account in Argentina to your USA account. I simply had to give them a certified copy of my escritura, deposited the funds and then signed some paperwork and had to pay a 0.58% commission and they told me that it would take about 5 business days but I was surprised that within 3 business days my funds were in my USA bank account. (Keep in mind I already have a US dollar bank account in Argentina and also have permanent residency in Argentina. I'm not sure this matters at all. I think as long as you already have a bank account you're fine).

Things are MUCH easier with Macri running the show"

You might message him to find out more.

This was posted on a different thread recently by earlyretirement:

"I recently sold an apartment and I was surprised that you can even wire funds OUT of your US dollar account in Argentina to your USA account. I simply had to give them a certified copy of my escritura, deposited the funds and then signed some paperwork and had to pay a 0.58% commission and they told me that it would take about 5 business days but I was surprised that within 3 business days my funds were in my USA bank account. (Keep in mind I already have a US dollar bank account in Argentina and also have permanent residency in Argentina. I'm not sure this matters at all. I think as long as you already have a bank account you're fine).

Things are MUCH easier with Macri running the show"

You might message him to find out more.

Yeah right, ok, sure. Like I said, it all depends on the luck of the draw because there is nothing uniform here. The fact that this man was able to get his money out on THAT occasion does not imply he would be so lucky next time, nor will someone else have the same luck trying to get their own out because that is how argieland functions or should I say, does not function across the board.

Ive seen it too many times. So, they can point to this man and say "eeeh, a nobady hasa noa prolem rye a nowa con a get a der moneys" Ha.

Word to the wise: stay away from argie banks and financial institutions.

Yeah right, ok, sure. Like I said, it all depends on the luck of the draw because there is nothing uniform here. The fact that this man was able to get his money out on THAT occasion does not imply he would be so lucky next time, nor will someone else have the same luck trying to get their own out because that is how argieland functions or should I say, does not function across the board.

Ive seen it too many times. So, they can point to this man and say "eeeh, a nobady hasa noa prolem rye a nowa con a get a der moneys" Ha.

Word to the wise: stay away from argie banks and financial institutions.
Have you even talked to your bank's foreign commerce dept? Or you are simply talking out of your a**? If your money is legit and you don't owe taxes, can show proof of origin of funds, there is no limit and no problem. Problem is if you are here as a permatoirist and do not have a bank account, etc.

Back