Exchanging Pesos Ars To Pesos Clp

cujodu

Registered
Has anyone visited Chile recently and exchanged Argentine Pesos to Chilean Pesos? What was the exchange rate they gave you? We were in Uruguay over New Years and they paid 2 Pesos Uruguayos to 1 Pesos Argentine, where the "official" rate is 4 to 1.

I know the "official" exchange rate for Chile is 95 to 1, but nobody wants pesos ARS, so I'm trying to find out the "real" exchange rate. If you have first hand info, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks!

Yes I was in Chile last weekend. I notice the official rate is around 1 Argentine peso to 100 Chilean, but there they'll only give you 60 for your Argentine peso. I withdrew cash on my Irish credit card and I've still got 65,000 Chilean pesos left, drop me a line if you're interested in buying them at a good price!

Has anyone visited Chile recently and exchanged Argentine Pesos to Chilean Pesos? What was the exchange rate they gave you? We were in Uruguay over New Years and they paid 2 Pesos Uruguayos to 1 Pesos Argentine, where the "official" rate is 4 to 1.

I know the "official" exchange rate for Chile is 95 to 1, but nobody wants pesos ARS, so I'm trying to find out the "real" exchange rate. If you have first hand info, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks!

On January 11th in Santiago, you could buy 1 ARS for 74 CLP and sell 1 ARS for 60 CLP. The USD was about 472 USD for 1 CLP, thus USD to ARS was about 6.38 and ARS to USD about 7.87. At that time, the blue rate in Argentina was 7.2 ARS for 1 USD.

Yeah, I can confirm you can change arg pesos for chilean pesos in mendoza.

The rate was 16.5 arg for 1000 chilean, as above.

There is place on the corner of San Martin and Espejo, proper casa de cambio.

I actually thank god I changed some cash as the bus arrived 6 hours late due to road construction. Instead of 6:30 we arrived at 12:30 AM. Not a good idea to arrive in a country with no cash. Imagine myself trying to pay with arg pesos at 1am haha.

Back