Expat Support/Business sponsorship for Body image summit

Ashley

Registered
Hello Everyone
I'm working on a project with a non-profit organization called Anybody (www.any-body.org) and looking for support to develop a body image summit here in Buenos Aires.
In March 2011, The Women's Therapy Centre Institute from New York and the UK-based AnyBody will launch a worldwide campaign, in collaboration with leading organisations and individuals already working on the front-lines of this public health emergency. Endangered Species aims to challenge the pernicious culture that teaches women and girls to hate their own bodies. This campaign will engage government officials, educational institutions, multi-national corporations, the fashion industry and mainstream media to join us in creating a new visual culture...one where the diverse, real beauty of women and girls is valued and magnified so that girls can grow up confident in their own bodies.

Three summits are planned, the first in London on March 5th 2011, the others in New York City (March 18th-19th) and Buenos Aires (March/April - exact dates to be confirmed). To date, we have the support of various national feminist organizations, the association against eating disorders (ALUBA) and various other professionals.

We are no looking for expats involved in local businesses, organizations, media outlets, and individuals who are interested in lending their support for the summit here in BA.

Please PM me if interested and I'll get back to you via email.

Many thanks
Ashley

As a yoga teacher and whole life coach I would be happy to participate, let me know if you need help...

Back