Expats in Mendoza?

olive_chica

Registered
Hi there,

I just moved from BA to Mendoza. I'm looking for another cool forum like BA Expats, but can't find one so far. Anyone on this forum live in Mendoza or have a website they can recommend for expats?

Also, I'm looking for an apartment situation here, either shared or sola. If anyone has any contacts for this, let me know. Thanks in advance.

Besos, Wendy

Best of luck in Mendoza. I was there briefly the other day and wouldn't mind at all living there.
Sorry I can't point you to any apartments but it shouldn't be too difficult. I've seen some listings for Mendoza on Craigslist but they may be blacked out with the PIPA and SOPA protest today.

olive_chica said:
Hi there,

I just moved from BA to Mendoza. I'm looking for another cool forum like BA Expats, but can't find one so far. Anyone on this forum live in Mendoza or have a website they can recommend for expats?

Also, I'm looking for an apartment situation here, either shared or sola. If anyone has any contacts for this, let me know. Thanks in advance.

Besos, Wendy
There isn't a Mendoza forum, but expats and their Mendocino friends have very informal meetings every Wednesday night at 22:00 (to about 2-3 in the morning - and have done so for the past 13-14 years) in the bar ClaroOscuro, Aristides Vilanueva 317 (between Olascoaga and Martinez de Rozas, in 5ta sección).

Show up, say hello all around the table, sit down, buy beer or wine and get the important connections to finding a home, where to buy what, help to get things done, which plumber or electrician to use, introduction to other contact networks, ...

This is where I found my beautiful home. I asked my friend Jorge, who asked his friends, who asked their friends, and in no time a couple of hundred mendocinos knew I was looking for a new home - bingo!

Thanks so much John St. This is very helpful info. I've been finding that as I ask around and make new friends, you can find things. I've already looked at 3 places! I will go to that informal meeting next Wednesday night. Sounds very helpful. Is there a name for the group?

I'll be here until the end of June, so it will be nice to make contacts early on.

olive_chica said:
Thanks so much John St. This is very helpful info. I've been finding that as I ask around and make new friends, you can find things. I've already looked at 3 places! I will go to that informal meeting next Wednesday night. Sounds very helpful. Is there a name for the group?

I'll be here until the end of June, so it will be nice to make contacts early on.
The group doesn't have a name as such, but is referred to as the English practicing group - the purpose was (and is) to help mendocinos practice their foreign languages, and you are not "allowed" to speak Spanish if you have a foreign language.

If the weather is good a large group will be sitting outside at a long table, if not then fewer and inside - ask the waiter or simply listen, where English is spoken you've found the group.

Back