Expedited Emergency Passport renewal?

Orionch

Registered
I have an emergency passport that expired in 2020 (procrastinated getting it renewed for a long time since the pandemic hit), and I'm trying to leave the country mid-July.... Does anyone know if it's possible to pay for an expedited service to get a new passport? I tried emailing the Embassy but they haven't been of much help.

It would help if you wrote what country is the passport from. I have an appointment next week to renew my US passport at the Embassy here.
Mine expired last November.

It would help if you wrote what country is the passport from. I have an appointment next week to renew my US passport at the Embassy here.
Mine expired last November.
just to follow up, do you know if they'll print you a passport the same day or if you need to wait a few weeks after your appointment for it to be processed? I have an appointment scheduled for the 22nd but I'm still worried I won't get it on time.

same day? that would be unheard of efficiency.

this is why you don't procrastinate... ;)

I’m in the same situation as you. I’m hoping I can get it ASAP as I would also like to travel to NYC in July.
Most likely it will be mailed back to you via DHL but will ask about getting it faster when I go there next week.
I’ll keep you posted.

I’m in the same situation as you. I’m hoping I can get it ASAP as I would also like to travel to NYC in July.
Most likely it will be mailed back to you via DHL but will ask about getting it faster when I go there next week.
I’ll keep you posted.
yeah I remember in the past when I paid for a temporary emergency passport they printed it out for me the same day, but now the Embassy is telling me there aren't any expedited services. Anyway, best of luck! if you could let me know what happens I'd really appreciate it.

Recently I was thinking I was in a bind, and would need an expedited US passport. My passport isn't expired, but I was out of empty pages. I ended up booking a Passport Renewal appointment, and they were able to answer my questions fairly well.

They could request an emergency passport that would need to be approved by someone at the embassy. If it’s approved, it would be good for 1 year, and seems like it could take 1 week. It may of been up to 1 week, I can't remember exactly.

When I was there April 19th, they said passport renewals were taking around 3 weeks. I just had my appointment to renew my passport June 6th, and one person said 4 weeks, and someone else said 7-8 weeks.

Hope this helps!

I have an emergency passport that expired in 2020 (procrastinated getting it renewed for a long time since the pandemic hit), and I'm trying to leave the country mid-July.... Does anyone know if it's possible to pay for an expedited service to get a new passport? I tried emailing the Embassy but they haven't been of much help.
I went to the US Embassy yesterday to renew my passport. I was in and out in 30 minutes. When you arrive go to the large tinted window on the sidewalk and tell the guard you have an appointment for a passport renewal. He'll ask you what time was your appointment for and request to look at your passport. Passport renewal is $130 U$D, the passport "card" is $30.00. You can pay in cash, with CC or even in pesos. But if you pay in pesos you'll probably pay at the official rate and lose $$$ in the process. No cell phones or smart watches allowed inside the embassy. You leave them with the security people as you go through the metal detector. They give you a plastic tab number that you use to get it back on your way out. When you go in, go directly to window #15 and wait to be called by your name. The lines you see are for people waiting for visas. Don't get on any lines. Hats or ball caps are not allowed inside. If you have a travel emergency you can tell the clerk at window #15. If all your paperwork is in order you'll be asked to take a sit and wait to be called at window #12 where you make the payment. Then you go back to wait in front of window #15.
There the clerk will give you a receipt of payment, your old and now canceled passport and instructions on DHL waybill purchase.

As an update for my US passport renewal, I just got my new passport today. It took exactly 5 weeks to be renewed. Appointment was on June 6th, and it arrived July 11th.

Back