Experienced Talented Actress in Buenos Aires

littlewolf

Registered
Hello!

I am an actress who is usually based for small films in new york city, alongside model work that pays the bills, however my partner has just been offered a job in Buenos Aires.

Of course, we are keen to go to explore a new place, but I need to be able to audition for any films and be acting on projects if I go, and I don't speak Spanish, so need English roles..

Is there any avenues for this? Is there a underground website or newspaper where I can browse any castings for acting work as such?

In new york - a lot of work is booked from strangers on the internet and while you always have to be cautious, it is really common to go and meet people for auditions and filming or shooting projects...if there is such a community and possibility for work here, is it safe to go about it in these ways, or is there perhaps agenies to approach instead?

Basically, is it possible as an english speaking actress to secure work?

Thanks for any knowledge on the matter,

Regards x

No.
It works quite different than in the States. If you're an actress, the jobs you get are because you know someone who knows someone. Especially if you don't speak Spanish.

Thanks!!!!!!!! THERE MUST be some film being made in English somewhere in town...anyone fancy making one?!! Does anyone know anyone that needs anyone!!!

Thanks again

Joanna

hey ! im an actress too, i can help you, theres these website were directors put a lot of castings and auditions, (www.alternativateatral.com.ar) and also on fb, search :tierra de actores ,publica tu casting,el ovni casting y producciones. If you want get in touch with me and ill give you info of places you can call when you get here to give out your cv,the other day i went to a two and a half audition and it was only for people with good level of english so im sure you will find something:)

Hello Claire!! Lovely to meet you - and for the first truly reassuring words from a fellow actress. Lets definitely meet. If all else fails we can start our own theatre for ex pats!!!

Looking forward to meeting a fellow actress - where are you from? x

nice to meet you too!,Im actually argentinian,I live 3 blocks away from the obelisco,moved 3 months ago from san isidro.

hi guys, i'm a producer making english language features in BA. There are some great actors here, but one of our biggest issues if finding people with the "same english" accent: Spanglish vs, British vs native speakers.
we often do script readings while trying to work the kinks out at early drafts and i have used some members from here before. I will keep you guys in mind for the next one and good luck in your search. there is a great film and commercial community here.

Hi , I am also en english speaking actress, have worked in argentina in spanish as well as english productions,am at the moment in london, but will be back in Buenos Aires in about a week.I would be very happy to make contact with you for work possibilites.
best,Janet Bar

Canick! How great to find your post! I've been here a month now and if I don't get to film here I'll go mad. Compared to working full time in NYC it's seemingly impossible.

I'm considering filming a DIY project myself before I leave!

Definitely let me know if anything comes up.

My website

is www.joannapickering.com and has my CV experience etc.

Janet - I look forward to meeting too!! how's London, freezing no doubt!!

Lets all stay in touch on future upcoming things!

Joanna x

Back