Expiration of precaria while outside of Argentina

dilmah

Registered
Must be common question but I cannot find this anywhere. What if a person has pending permanent residence petition as well as precaria, then leaves Argentina and precaria expires while he is outside of the National Territory. What are consequences of this?

none as long as you don't overstay on your way out. if you leave with a valid precaria or within 90 days of your arrival here, you simply come back with a foreign passport and get another 90 days visa. Make sure your absence doesn't impact the status of your application though. you'll see a few people refuting my comment, you can ignore them, it became an expat community national sport here:)

Make sure your absence doesn't impact the status of your application though

so, provided that all required documents has been submitted and are in order, can absence still impact status of application?

you need to renew it before you leave and have valid precaria when you return

in theory it shouldn't, but if you are applying for the permanent after 3 years of temporary, the 6 months stay in the country might still be required.
I don't believe it is, but we are in a no man's land here, so you might want to stick around just in case. as I predicted, the people who know better already give you a different advice:). Somebody who posts here was waiting for his permanent residence approval for 6 months and then had a request to present new antecedentes penales, as the original ones expired meanwhile. So if it takes that long for you and you are out of the country when the immigration asks for a new one, you might be screwed...

you need to renew it before you leave and have valid precaria when you return

so, how can I have valid precaria when I return if I spend more than 3 months outside of Argentina?
My understanding is that precaria cannot be renewed outside of the country.

So, in other words you are saying that if precaria expires while a person is outside of Argentina then he is screwed?

so, how can I have valid precaria when I return if I spend more than 3 months outside of Argentina?
My understanding is that precaria cannot be renewed outside of the country.

So, in other words you are saying that if precaria expires while a person is outside of Argentina then he is screwed?
i told you just ignore it. all you will need coming back is your passport. people tend to give advice without
understanding the system.

I don't think it'll matter either that you don't have a new precaria when you reenter Argentina. I say that because my wife reentered the country without the disposición saying that her request for permanent residence had been granted; she had only her precaria, which was really no longer valid for the very reason that she had already been granted permanent status (we didn't realize she had already been granted permanent status because she was still waiting on her new DNI and we didn't know at that point how to view her status on the migraciones website). The migraciones agent was reluctant to stamp the precaria, but she did anyway because that's the only document my wife had. All that is to say they can look in the computer and see that your request for permanent status is still pending. Having said that, I don't know what happens to your status if you are out of the country for an extended period of time. If I were you, I would go back to Migraciones, to building 6, to the same place you turned in your documents, and ask them. That's your best bet.

According to DNU 70/2017 you cannot renew it abroad and your PR application is considered abandoned.

Is there someone here who could renew your precaria for you online? All they need is your expediente number and your dob. Sometimes, though, the online renewal fails and you have to go to Migraciones. Of course, I don't know what happens to your request for residency (and a renewed precaria) if you've been out of the country for a while. I can't imagine them not letting you back into the country even if you don't have a valid precaria and they consider your application to have been abandoned. You could deal with the abandonment issue once you're back, even though I'm sure you don't want to have to start over. Go to Migraciones just to be sure about all this.

Back