Expired Dni

cruizes

Registered
I find that I can not return in time before my temporary visa expires. Does anyone have experience with the re-applying procedure. Do they give any grace period? Will I need to bring the same documents with me ie: Apostile FBI fingerprints. Feel free to PM if you would like. Many thanks.

Renewing temporary residency "usually" requires submitting the same (updated) documents as getting a new one with the exception of a new FBI report.

Renewing your residency (and whether or not you will need a new report) depends on how long you have been out of Argentina. If it's less than six months you might be OK (but I don't have the final say-so). If you have been out of Argentina for more than six months you cannot "renew" your previous temporary residency because I have read that is now a requirement to "renew."

If you have been outside Argentina for less than a year I hope they don't ask for a new report, but I think this is the first time your question has been asked in the forum. According to the migraciones website, an FBI report would be required for any countries you have lived outside of Argentina for more than one year in the past three.

"CERTIFICADO QUE ACREDITE FEHACIENTEMENTE QUE NO REGISTRA CONDENAS ANTERIORES NI PROCESOS PENALES EN TRÁMITE Emitidos por las autoridades competentes de los países donde haya residido por un plazo superior a UN (1) año, durante el transcurso de los últimos TRES (3) años."

The above quote is from the list of documents required for the visa rentista: http://www.migracion...osur_temporaria

Back