expired tourist visa

ljensen

Registered
I did not make it out of the country within the 90 day limit and am wondering what the penality will be. I am flying back to the states in a couple of weeks but returning to BsAs one month later. I don't want any problems with my return. Thank you!

Stanexpat

Registered
ljensen said:
I did not make it out of the country within the 90 day limit and am wondering what the penality will be. I am flying back to the states in a couple of weeks but returning to BsAs one month later. I don't want any problems with my return. Thank you!
The short answer to your question is the fine is $50 pesos payable when you leave. I've never heard of anyone being denied re-entry after this.

The fact is that if you are actually living in Argentina permanently going out to get a fresh tourist visa every 90 days probably isn't any better than doing nothing. A tourist visa isn't valid for the purpose of living there permanently. The reality is that the government there (at least up until now) doesn't enforce the rules.

ghost

Registered
After Jan 1 2009 you will pay $131 USD when you re-enter. That is not tehcnically a visa fee. It is a form of retribution aimed at the countries that require Argentines to pay for a visa to enter their country.