Export Wine?

Dipoots

Registered
Hi,

since I cannot really transfer my money out, I was thinking exporting wine back to me friends in my home country who has a wine distribution business....

sounds good. help the export situation help, and have some liquidity on my funds. any such funds or cooperative doing such gigs.

You'll have to get through Moreno in order to export anything...His controls are going both ways. And to top it off, Argentina has tried to keep its wine exports down to keep prices low for Argentines.

But the thought was good, I wish we could get some of their good wines in Denmark where I am from, we only get the cheap table wines from Argentina.. ;)

i think it`s easier to export than it is ti import. you could give it a try a guess

but if you export , Moreno wants to see the Dollars back here in Argentina and quickly....

if anyone is interested in exporting wine...I have a contact here in Bsas. I don´t have one in the states. If anyone´s interested in at least talking, I´m down

Exporting is CRAZY expensive. And very complicated with the paperwork. Probably not a realistic solution.

Just to give you an idea - shipping a box via FedEx that weighs 5 kilos and contains leather goods from here to the US (I just did the price quote on fedex) would cost you approximately 1200 pesos. :eek:

hey

so obviously im not an expert, and im young and dumb, so i dont know what im talking about. But I figured, maybe exporting in larger amounts would be more realistic, and by sea?? I actually didn´t think exporting would be such a pain, I figured the Arg government would support it more or less and not make it a grueling task. I don´t have the capital but if someone confirms the purchase in the states I could get the capital. I´ve always wanted to be a wine exporter. I could call myself, Nick, expert wine exporteë

braytrain said:
hey

so obviously im not an expert, and im young and dumb, so i dont know what im talking about. But I figured, maybe exporting in larger amounts would be more realistic, and by sea?? I actually didn´t think exporting would be such a pain, I figured the Arg government would support it more or less and not make it a grueling task. I don´t have the capital but if someone confirms the purchase in the states I could get the capital. I´ve always wanted to be a wine exporter. I could call myself, Nick, expert wine exporteë

Nice try Nick. The only thing the government here supports is how to enrich themselves at everyone's expense. Believe me, exporting is not much easier than importing which is damn near impossible unless you know who to bribe. Illogical? Yes. Argentine? 1000%

But wouldn´t exporting help the government enrich themselves???

I understand the cynicism everyone has but please if you have or don´t have experience in this please say so in your post, so I know whether or not to ¨dar bola¨ to your advice, because I probably could find ¨who to bribe¨ and I´m serious about this, if this could actually be a possibility. I have two family members that export out of Argentina, not wine, but if they export.

Back