Extending tourist visa

AAntonio

Registered
I entered Argentina on a tourist visa on late December and I want to extend my stay for another period. I am planning to go do the formality tomorrow, but I see nothing about the price on the main Migrations website. Does anybody know what the fee is? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can ask for the prorroga de permanencia (extension of stay) within ten days of the expiration of your 90 day "tourist visa"and the current fee is $2700 pesos.

PS: The day you entered counts as one of the 90 days.

This page has the list of prices:
http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/pdf_varios/tasas/decreto_modificacion_tasas.pdf

Not sure if it's the 2700 peso one.. or if it's even current. Bring 6000 and you'll probably be ok.
You can ask for the prorroga de permanencia (extension of stay) within ten days of the expiration of your 90 day "tourist visa"and the current fee is $2700 pesos.

PS: The day you entered counts as one of the 90 days.
Thanks to both of you. One more question: do you know if I have to pay in cash or can I pay with a US credit card?

Hi,

A same day return to Colonia cost us ARS$1900 and was very easy. This is with Buquebus

Update in case anybody looks for it. In the Migraciones website they mention you have to do the extension between 60 and 80 days of your tourist stay. Well, I went there and they told me it has to be in the last ten days, so I have to be back next week.

Also, DNM is an organisational mess. Get there early and straight to Building 6 if you are not from Mercosur.

Update in case anybody looks for it. In the Migraciones website they mention you have to do the extension between 60 and 80 days of your tourist stay. Well, I went there and they told me it has to be in the last ten days, so I have to be back next week.

Are you sure that's what it says?

Last time I checked (in the past few weeks), it was clear to me that you had to ask for the prorroga de permanencia for residencia temporaria (aka temporary residency good for one year) within 60 days of its expiration date and to ask for the prorroga for the residencia transitoria (aka the tourist visa good for 90 days) within ten days of its expiration.

PS: Just to be sure, I just checked again:

TURISTAS

ARTÍCULO 24 INCISO a) LA LEY 25.871, DECRETO 616/2010

Se considerará residente transitorio a todo extranjero que obtenga de la Dirección Nacional de Migraciones, una admisión en tal carácter.

TURISTA:Aquel extranjero que ingrese al país con propósito de descanso o esparcimiento, con un plazo de permanencia autorizado de hasta TRES (3) MESES PRORROGABLE POR OTRO PERÍODO SIMILAR.

PRÓRROGA:se puede efectuar en la Dirección Nacional de Migraciones, en el horario de 8 a 14 horas, edificio 4 sector prórrogas, o bien en las delegaciones y oficinas migratorias en el interior del país.

Los pedidos de prórroga de residencia, así como la petición de cambio de categoría o subcategoría migratoria, deberán efectuarse dentro de los SESENTA (60) días anteriores al vencimiento de la residencia temporaria y dentro de los DIEZ (10) días anteriores al vencimiento de la residencia transitoria.

http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/accesible/indexA.php?turistas

Back