Eyebrow Threading- Any Up To Date Tips?

brixtongirl

Registered
Hello everyone,

My husband and I have now been in Buenos Aires for our first week of our three years here and are just loving it. What a fab city.

I've just searched the forums before posting this, so hopefully am not missing a trick. Can any ladies recommend a good place for eyebrow threading centrally? I looked on ladygardens.net but read that the lady had now left BsAs.

And whilst we're at it, if anyone fancies turning this into a 'these are my top tips for beauty in BA' jamboree, I'd love any mani/pedicure tips and hairdressers that people particularly adore.

Thanks so much!

Lydia

First time I've heard about threading. I must live under a rock (or in Argentina).

As for a hairdresser, I trust el Tano over at Cromo (Toro) Hair lab.

https://www.facebook.com/torohairlab?fref=photo

Brixtongirl, check out this thread, over in the Womens Forum, on good places for hair. It gets updated regularly when people find a new place they like.

Brixtongirl - we should have met for a coffee before you left, after 5 years in BA I've been back in the UK for about 3 years now and living down the road in Clapham!

I never saw threading in BA, and had a few hit and miss experiences with waxing/tweezers before finding Ladygardens, which is now unavailable. There was a place that did very good manicure / pedicure on Fitzroy, between El Salvador and Costa Rica on the left hand side going up towards El Salvador with lots of pink in the window, but not sure if it's still there now!

After many disastrous haircuts, I tended to leave my hair without cutting until trips home, which I did every six months or so with occasional trims myself or from a friend. I tend to keep my hair quite short (something close to a bob!) which was a challenge for BA hairdressers. I had one congratulate me on having a man who was willing to let me have short hair!

Good luck with the next three years - despite the difficulties, I (mostly) loved my 5 years there.

I had one congratulate me on having a man who was willing to let me have short hair!

What's with the extremely long hair the women have here? All with the same style, polished and shiny.
Wasn't short hair in women a sign of emancipation?

I tend to keep my hair quite short (something close to a bob!) which was a challenge for BA hairdressers. I had one congratulate me on having a man who was willing to let me have short hair!

I feel you. I sometimes shave parts of my head and I've had hairdressers (mostly older men) flat out refuse to do it. Whatever.

The Italian guy I recommended a few posts above enjoys having client with different styles. I spoke to him a bit and it turns out he worked in London for at least a decade and is tired of "boring" hairstyles in Argentina. He takes time to talk to you about what he finds is best for your hair, face, etc., and gives his employees very specific orders for absolutely everything. He's also very good with color. He lets the bleach or whatever set in for hours and treats the hair gently so it's not dry and brittle. The first time I was there for 7 hours. Afterwards he told me to come in later in the week if I felt that I wanted more color, so that was another 3 or 4 hours free of charge.

Thanks, everyone. It sounds as though I'll have to adapt and go bushy for a while!

Tips much appreciated!

You can always have them waxed. It should be quite cheap, no more than 60 pesos in my experience.

Terrie Orr does eyebrows. She doesnt have it listed on her blog but I know in emails from her it's amongst services -- drop her a line and she can tell you more. https://gatanegro1.wordpress.com/

Back