Eyeglass frames - recommendations?

MizzMarr

Registered
Hello! I've been living in BA for 4+ years now but have never had to replace glasses or contacts lenses up 'til now. Contacts aren't an issue, but I snapped my only frames on my most recent flight back here. I am hoping that some of you out there might have a shop that you can recommend that carries a variety of stylish glasses frames in varied price ranges? I don't have a lot of money to spend, but I do have OSDE to help. Also, if anybody knows of a good glasses repair shop that would also be great.

Thanks in advance for any advice! Cheers!

I bought my last two pairs from Pettinari Opticas - Gutenberg 3714, Villa Devoto, Capital Federal - Teléfono: (011) 4505-0947 just opposite estación A. Devoto on the line to Federico Lacroze. He's a very nice chap and did a beautiful job of fixing my old specs while I was waiting for the new ones. I have no idea about OSDE and I wouldn't know style if it came up and bit me. And it's probably too far out of the city for you unless you are that American woman I've seen once or twice on the LSM to Retiro. But I thought I'd let you know.

I think that if you want to get an OSDE discount, you have to go to a special OSDE optician. Your best option is to call up your insurance provider and ask for the best place to go. My insurance is supposed to give me either one free pair of glasses or one free pack of contact lenses per year. The last 3 times I got lenses, I went to Pfortners...which is excellent - but no discount did I ever receive!

Thanks for the replies, guys!

El Hombre, you're right that Villa Devoto is a bit farther than I would like to travel for frames, but I appreciate the rec. nonetheless. I have been on the LSM to retiro a time or two (once with my bike, once without) but I'm hoping to even find something in closer proximity to Caballito. I'll keep your guy in mind if I move out closer to that neck of the woods, though.

Can I ask you guys roughly how much you paid for frames and lenses when you purchased here?

Ashley, I guess I'll have to double check their policy--not sure what the better deal is between frames or lenses. Either way, thanks for recommending pfortners! I looked them up and came across this great listing of opticas here in Capital (and other provinces, too), so just in case it will help anybody out: http://www.opticas.info/argentina/opticas-buenos-aires.php

Thanks again!

Back