Eze To Mia For Short Vacay? Questions!

Vagrant Violet

Registered
Hey, guys!

I want to plan a solo trip to Miami in late June of this year (leaving from EZE) with the sole purpose of shopping, shopping, and doing some more shopping (enough said!). It would be for about a week or so. As I would be on a budget, I was thinking of simply renting a private room via AirBnB. The main issue is that in the past when I traveled to the States, I used to only stay in my hometown of Cincinnati with relatives, and believe it or not, I know very little about the Miami area. I wouldn't know where to stay in terms of convenience, safety (important issue there?), and access to - you guessed it! - shopping.

It also is important to understand that I no longer have a valid driver's license, so I am hoping that Miami is somewhat pedestrian friendly, and has decent access to public transport, taxis, and so on (at least in a centralized area). I wouldn't want or expect to go to the beach, experience nightlife, etc. Just shopping.

Could someone please offer any insight and/or advice regarding this topic? I would be very grateful!

Gracias!
V.V.

Hi, first June is a horrible month to visit Miami, it is very hot and humid, you will melt there, I did that last year and almost died from the heat.
But if you are gointo to go just for shopping,it may be OK.
I would advise you to check in a hotel/motel next to the MIA airport, you have many ways to move around from there. All hotels have vans that will transport you to and from hotel from free.
Also for shopping the best is the SAWGRASS MILL shopping center, about 20-30 miles from MIA.There are mini buses that will take visitors there for an small fee.It is HUGE.
You can also visit the Internacional Mall and the DOLPHING MALL too. If you want to rent a car there you need to get an INTERNACIONAL DRIVERS LICENCE from the local ACA in Palermo, all you need is a photo, local DL and an small fee of 400 pesos, it take 15 minutes and you will get it.
Bring all you want but one item of each, to avoid troubles in EZEIZA.
Good Luck

Hey, guys!

I want to plan a solo trip to Miami in late June of this year (leaving from EZE) with the sole purpose of shopping, shopping, and doing some more shopping (enough said!). It would be for about a week or so. As I would be on a budget, I was thinking of simply renting a private room via AirBnB. The main issue is that in the past when I traveled to the States, I used to only stay in my hometown of Cincinnati with relatives, and believe it or not, I know very little about the Miami area. I wouldn't know where to stay in terms of convenience, safety (important issue there?), and access to - you guessed it! - shopping.

It also is important to understand that I no longer have a valid driver's license, so I am hoping that Miami is somewhat pedestrian friendly, and has decent access to public transport, taxis, and so on (at least in a centralized area). I wouldn't want or expect to go to the beach, experience nightlife, etc. Just shopping.

Could someone please offer any insight and/or advice regarding this topic? I would be very grateful!

Gracias!
V.V.

I lived in Miami Beach for many years, though it is much different now. I would advise Miami Beach and not Miami. I think it would be much easier to navigate via public transportation than Miami. There is no lack of shopping to be done regardless of where you might be. Actually, you may want to look into a room in the Bal Harbour area (just north of Miami Beach but you can't tell when you leave one for the other). There is the Bal Harbour Mall to enjoy and you can always bus down to Miami Beach in minutes. The Lincoln Road pedestrian mall which stretches for blocks is another nice shopping area. On the downside, prices may be much more closer to the beach than in Miami, but I'm not certain of that.

As for "pedestrian friendly" Miami Beach is much more so, though there are certain areas in Miami that are OK. Such as Coral Gables and the Design District, which is full of shopping options now.

Send me a PM if you like. There are tons of options. Beware sticker shock though !! Miami is extremely expensive these days.

I think that the best area for your stay would be South Beach, Miami Beach. Lincoln Road is a pedestrian street with many stores and restaurants.
The Aventura Mall is a huge mall (Bloomingales etc etc) that can be reached by bus from South Beach. If the stores there aren't upscale enough, you should visit the Bar Harbor Shops way upon Collins Ave. All limo drivers know where it is. If you're looking for less expensive stores, There's a Walmart in Hollywood Beach. Also, there's a Marshalls and a Target in a Miami mall (Metro Mall?), A city bus that goes to or towards the airport passes this mall.
If you check the Miami Beach Tripadvisor Forum, you'll be able to get answers to your questions from local folk..

Why don't you use UBER?
Staying near the airport sounds horrible to me. Where will you eat? The same motel restaurant? Nowhere you can walk to.

No motels or inexpensive hotels near Ventura Mall . I just ask?

Sea View Hotel across the Street from Ball Harbour Mall. Bus stops at door to AVentura Mall ... Ask reception for Mall bus Service..

http://www.miami.com/things-to-do-in-miami/aventura-mall-shopping-guide-4068/

Hotel has 5th nite free program.. Inquire

https://ar.hoteles.com/search.do?resolved-location=CITY%3A1516776%3AUNKNOWN%3AUNKNOWN&destination-id=1516776&q-destination=Bal%20Harbour,%20Florida,%20Estados%20Unidos&q-check-in=2017-06-05&q-check-out=2017-06-26&q-rooms=1&q-room-0-adults=2&q-room-0-children=0&f-hotel-id=207250

Looking at the map, there are 3 malls in the airport area. I remember I used to love Dadeland. Sawgrass Mills mall is in Broward county and always the best in value and variety. I wonder if Uber's working well in MIA. I'd love to go shopping too and I don't want to drive any more. I always wonder where to stay too.

If you want to do shopping - go to New York. Nothing beats NY in shoping -especially fashionable/stylish clothes.

yr 2nd target should be amazon. I am a big fan of amazon and amazon prime.

Miamin has a great onda but is not my favorite shopping destination.

According to the Booking.com website, the Seaview hotel's rates in June are about US$200.00 per night, but that does include a US$20.00 per day :resort tax'. Even if that rate is within your budget, staying in that area without a car would be very foolish.
If you want to know a lot more about the Miami area come to Coffee Chat, tomorrow afternoon on the terrace at Starbucks at the Alto Palremo Shopping Center.

Back