Ezeiza Afip And The Rest

thebookcellar

Registered
http://www.afip.gob.ar/turismo/#exenciones

My wife just found this info on the link above and she thinks that as a foreigner the 300 dollar rule for bringing items of value into argentina does not apply to me. I am a permanent resident.

Is that true? We are only planning to bring a stroller and a Samsung laptop back ... We already have a declared dell and camera with us...

If anyone thinks or knows if flashing my British passport will get me through with less hassle please let me know! Thoughts?

I know someone at AFIP Aduanas, they confirmed that if you have Residency you're eligible for the $300 rule. It's tourists who can prove they're leaving that are exempt.
http://www.afip.gob.ar/turismo/

But, back in the real world, when you're going through customs, you speak no spanish, just loud slow english and be sure to wave the UK passport, seems to do the trick :)

Yes. Wear a Hawaiian shirt, cargo pants with black socks and white tennis shoes. Hang a camera around your neck. I've never had a problem at EZE doing that.

Yes. Wear a Hawaiian shirt, cargo pants with black socks and white tennis shoes. Hang a camera around your neck. I've never had a problem at EZE doing that.

Whilst carrying a British Passport? Please don't do that - we have standards old chap. Panama hat and lightweight linen suit al la Honorary Consul better. ;)

I've never had any problems with either EZE Aduanas or Migraciones. Charming people.

Whilst carrying a British Passport? Please don't do that - we have standards old chap. Panama hat and lightweight linen suit al la Honorary Consul better. ;)

I've never had any problems with either EZE Aduanas or Migraciones. Charming people.

Some of us wear a kilt !!

They are too busy seeing what we wear underneath to bother about the bags......

The Great Santini in a Hawaiian shirt, camera.......? Doesn't compute.

What happens if you have residencia but are just visiting and have a return ticket from whence you came?So I coming with things
for me trip but will be taking them back with me.

Back