Fabled cafe La Biela likely to close permanently

Tried it only once, and was unimpressed. Inferior coffee, average medialunas, indifferent servers. Not as good as my corner Havanna.

Well it was nothing special and if you had to line outside , after a group of tourists, wasn't worth the wait

It's large and comfortable. It's one of the few places that doesn't play music - a great blessing if you want to relax. Cafe Doble is far better than most places.
The lack of music is indeed a blessing.

IMHO, Florida's Confiteria Richmond was the best. Great food, classy decor, career waiters, comfortable armchairs, good lighting, no music. The perfect place to go with friends, or a book, and spend three hours enjoying the experience.

Sadly, it closed its doors in 2011, and was turned into a cheap-looking sports equipment store. More's the pity.

Attachments

•         RICHMOND.jpg
    RICHMOND.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 27
Tried it only once, and was unimpressed. Inferior coffee, average medialunas, indifferent servers. Not as good as my corner Havanna.
Also not my favourite place. I used to go there a couple of times when i went there with family / friends to show them the cemetery.

Still, an iconic restaurant in BsAs, and it would be a big loss. We will hear such news quite often over the next few months.

IMHO, Florida's Confiteria Richmond was the best. Great food, classy decor, career waiters, comfortable armchairs, good lighting, no music. The perfect place to go with friends, or a book, and spend three hours enjoying the experience.

Sadly, it closed its doors in 2011, and was turned into a cheap-looking sports equipment store. More's the pity.
Yes indeed. And with the literary connection it ought to have been conserved by the city. As far as I know, the only condition required was to retain a small corner at the back in original condition. Last time I looked - a couple of years ago - it was still there. It looked so pathetic and sad that I think it might have been kinder to erase the memories altogether.

Back