Farewell to William Hurt

Redpossum

Registered

You know you're getting old when the heroes of your youth start dropping left and right.

Anybody else remember The Big Chill? I watched it when it was new, with a group of close friends from High School. We were only mid 20's at the time, and thus considerably younger than the group of friends in the movie, but it was sobering all the same. I think it was like the first hint of Fall in the air, after the seemingly endless summer of our extended adolescence. We were still young, yes, but it was that first reminder that our youth would not last forever.

Forty years later, half the group of friends with whom I watched that movie are dead.

Rest in Peace, William Hurt.

You know you're getting old when the heroes of your youth start dropping left and right.

Anybody else remember The Big Chill? I watched it when it was new, with a group of close friends from High School. We were only mid 20's at the time, and thus considerably younger than the group of friends in the movie, but it was sobering all the same. I think it was like the first hint of Fall in the air, after the seemingly endless summer of our extended adolescence. We were still young, yes, but it was that first reminder that our youth would not last forever.

Forty years later, half the group of friends with whom I watched that movie are dead.

Rest in Peace, William Hurt.
And then there was Body Heat.

My favourite William Hurt movie is The Accidental Tourist though mainly because I thought that Geena Davis was on a roll and getting some excellent movie parts around that time. I think somebody ought to write an edition of The Accidental Tourist for Buenos Aires for all those people who come to this forum asking, why is this city not exactly the same as my home town? You can tell who they are because they never seem to stick around very long.

My favourite William Hurt movie is The Accidental Tourist though mainly because I thought that Geena Davis was on a roll and getting some excellent movie parts around that time. I think somebody ought to write an edition of The Accidental Tourist for Buenos Aires for all those people who come to this forum asking, why is this city not exactly the same as my home town? You can tell who they are because they never seem to stick around very long.
Yeah, that was a good one.

I'm going to put 'Altered States' on the rewatch list. Also, for something a bit more obscure, 'Until The End of The World' by Wim Wenders. I have the 6-7 hour director's cut and though not Wenders' best, I've always liked it for Hurt and the pursuit around the world crime/love story.

Back