Fashion Week Advice

mobri1130

Registered
Has anyone on this forum attended BAFWEEK? I'd love to go when it returns in August and I'm hoping my niece will fly out to attend with me. How easy/difficult is it to get tickets? Can you make purchases in the showroom or is this only for retail buyers? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

So my friends find it amusing that I posted this during the 'hoopla' of the ARG/MEX World Cup game. So I'm re-posting now that ARG has proven their fuerte. Any advice is most appreciated.

I've been to BA fashion week...but as press. Last time I was there, there were people purchasing tickets at the door. Maybe you could get them in advance from La rural. I don't think that the general public can make purchases though. Even so, wait a couple of weeks and you can get what you want in store. Most of the designers that show there have shops in the locals malls or in the Palermo Viejo area. It's certainly not high fashion though if that is what you're after.

mobri1130 said:
Has anyone on this forum attended BAFWEEK? I'd love to go when it returns in August and I'm hoping my niece will fly out to attend with me. How easy/difficult is it to get tickets? Can you make purchases in the showroom or is this only for retail buyers? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Entry ticket is a whooping $20 pesos ($5 dollars)

Infolink: BAFweek

Since my niece is a college student the $20 pesos ticket price is right in her price range!

the dates came out the 1st of this month!!

BAFWeek, del 11 al 13 de Agosto, 2010. En La Rural Predio Ferial de Buenos Aires
BAFWeek, August 11 to 13, 2010. La Rural Predio Ferial, at Buenos Aires City.

There is currently no information on the official website.

But are you and your niece still planning on going?

Thanks Solovely! I've been checking their Web site to no avail! Where did you find out about the dates?

Checking with my niece now to see about her travel dates.

I have friends in the fashion program at UP (the University of Palermo) and they let me know. Times for the shows and who is being showcased has not been announced yet. But the event has been officially booked with the venue La rural.

Gosh, they are so slow with these things aren't they--
fashion is supposed to be a fast paced industry -_-

Back