FAST Internet Office Recommendation

gsi16386

Registered
Hey there guys, I'm officially back down in Argentina for two weeks and am in need of fast internet.

I trade commodities for a living and am looking to rent out some office space containing the fastest internet possible. I had the 15mb when I was living in Mirabilia and even that was a bit slow. Does anyone have any suggestions/recommendations on where I might be able to rent office space with a trading firm or something of the like?

Your help would be greatly appreciated!
Jarrod

Here's the problem with fast Internet in Argentina - it's fast in Argentina, but you'll only see about 4 Mbps to servers in the US. I have Fibertel Evolution and it's 30 Mbps within Argentina, but when testing to the States never more than 4Mbps.

It's still pretty good and I can usually stream, but I do have occasional hangups.

But don't be upset about how the low connection speeds might hamper your business. Buenos Aires still has great culture and nightlife to make up for it. :rolleyes:

The best option is to get a router that can handle multiple connections and load balance. We have that at our office and have a connection with Telecentro and Arnet. Internet never goes down and we get double the bandwidth. At first we had 3 internet providers and load balanced all three, but it was overkill, so we cancelled one of them.

el_expatriado said:
The best option is to get a router that can handle multiple connections and load balance. We have that at our office and have a connection with Telecentro and Arnet. Internet never goes down and we get double the bandwidth. At first we had 3 internet providers and load balanced all three, but it was overkill, so we cancelled one of them.

Yep. This is the best option. We did the exact same thing in my office. We used 3 of them including Fibertel. It seems like one or two of them were always going down. There were only a few times when all 3 were down or the electricity on the block went out or something.

Back