Fbi Background Check

enyel94

Registered
Hello,

So I have recently moved to Argentina to live, but now I need a FBI background check, I am living In mar del plata now and I was just wondering if I could do the whole process being here and not in the states, this is my first time doing something like this so I have no idea what i'm doing, any help can comment here or send me a private message!

Thank you!
Enyels

Hi Enyels,

Click on the rotary sprocket next to the magnifying glass (below the words "sign out") to access the advanced search.

Enter FBI report in the find words box.

Search only in titles, match all words, and display the results as a topic list.

The results will be displayed in chronological order so the most recent threads should contain accurate information.

If you need it quick and you do not mind paying someone to handle it for you, then you can use http://www.celano.com.ar/

I believe it will cost about $400USD in total. $250 is for expenses of shipping, channeler, etc. $150 is the lawyers office fee (Celano's fee).

I just had mine done here in the US and apostilled. I used National Background Check, Inc. to facilitate the background check. I used One Source Processing to handle the apostille. NBC can do both but OSP was cheaper. Either will ship internationally.

FBI criminal identity check -

I printed off the finger print cards online from FBI’s website. Card stock is best. I took 3 copies to the Palermo Police Station which is the closest to the US Embassy. They only will do 2 cards. This service is free.

Mail in these cards, with the FBI background check information to a 3rd party.

Have that 3rd party either mail is directly to get apostilled in DC (because it’s a federal, not state, document) or have it mailed to someone you trust to look it over and then mail it in.

Have the Apostle office mail it directly to you in Argentina (or have them mail it back to a trusted person to look it over and then they send it).

Once you get the FBI report, you have to get it (it being the letter and the results/findings) translated by a “traductor publico”, and have that translation “certified” in capital (it’s certified in the main office on Corrientes in capital. It was $220 pesos in December 2016).

I have my dad receive this apostille before he sent it to me here by DHL. I took the scan of that letter and results to my traductor publico and by the time the real document was here (in 3 days max) they had my translation ready and merely checked their final translation.

I recommend DHL. If you do it online from the US site, you can get %20 off, which was $66 next day delivery compared to the $57 5-7 day delivery by USPS. For whatever reason, UPS does not pick up apostilles from the fed office in DC.

I would have someone do your fingerprints who knows what they are doing. In the US, they are actually certified. It sounds silly, but mine were rejected twice and it took 6-8 weeks to hear back from the FBI that they couldn't read them! I can't believe they STILL use those paper cards!

I will likely need this soon. How much does the police station charge to do it and will any police station take the fingerprints?

I would have someone do your fingerprints who knows what they are doing. In the US, they are actually certified. It sounds silly, but mine were rejected twice and it took 6-8 weeks to hear back from the FBI that they couldn't read them! I can't believe they STILL use those paper cards!

That's why I like the 3rd party. They will scan in the ink fingerprints and can let you know if there isn't a complete set that will work. And, they will get the rejection back within a few business days vs 6-8 weeks. The small difference in cost to use a 3rd party is well worth it.

http://baexpats.org/topic/39387-the-cops-refused-to-fingerprint-me-at-comisaria-23a/#entry351662

Back