FBI criminal record

ahmed

Registered
Question for you who had to get the FBI criminal record to apply for residency or work permit. Is there a way to check on the status other than waiting and crossing my fingers. I applied for my records at the begining of September and other than them charging my credit card the $18 processing fee, I don´t know whats the status now. I have the return address as a friends´address in the US so there should not be significant mail time.

You don't think that they're coming to get you, do you?

I'd guess that the bureaucracy is a bit overworked at present.

I am in the same boat as you. I must have sent mine off about 2 weeks ago and am waiting. I remember that they state that they need 4 weeks to process so with the mail I would give it 5 weeks. I do not know if they could tell you the status of the report if you called. Will you let me know when you receive yours?

Thanks

John

ahmed said:
Is there a way to check on the status other than waiting and crossing my fingers.

You can e-mail the FBI at "[email protected]" or "[email protected]" and they will answer any questions you may have about FBI background checks. You can also call them at (304) 625-5590 or (304) 625-3878.

I've seen it take anywhere from 4 - 6 weeks for people to get their police clearance records. Sometimes takes a little longer in the UK but generally pretty similar timeframe to the US.

It took me about 6 weeks to receive my criminal report in the US. You should call the FBI to make sure the report is being processed and they have everything they need. I did have a friend who had their request put on hold due to faulty fingerprints.

Just to give you a time frame, for me, I sent my FBI criminal check with fingerprints out on Monday September 8th and I received it back almost two weeks later on Saturday September 20th.

Back