Fbi Report

jeff1234

Registered
One of the requirements for my DNI is to get a report from the FBI showing any criminal history I might have in the USA. I express mailed the FBI my request weeks ago but haven't received a response.
I couldnt find any instructions on their forms or website about how to followup so I'm just wondering how long its taken other people and if anyone knows how I can check on it?

I too am in this process. I had the request mailed from the States (as I had a friend on his way back) and it was received according to the USPS, on May 3rd. I am still waiting. My coworkers who applied for the same thing said they waited anywhere from two to three months before they actually got the paperwork back from the FBI. Then, of course it has to be apostiled by the State Dept and mailed back here. So it takes a while, form what I gather.

Mine took a little less than 3 weeks but it was sent to an address in the U.S. From there to here took 5 weeks and 3 days.

Mine took six months back in 2010. I was on the phone constantly with the office in W Virginia. Googled the number. I think 6 months is extreme, though.

It took Six weeks two years ago. Their website often states the turnaround time. Almost always longer than it says.!

I have a Global Entry/Sentri card. Since this is issued from Homeland Security and fingerprints etc processed though the FBI would this be enough.

I am going through this process now, and I have been on the phone regularly with the FBI WV office as well. I dont know if they are impacted by sequestration, but things are moving slow. From the time they receive it, it takes them 4 weeks to process. From there, they say an additional 2 weeks for it to show up at your designated return address.

After that, the FBI background check has to be mailed to the US State Dept in DC to be apostolized. Once they are done with that, you should be good to go on the US side.

Hi, where do I get the fingerprint card, can it be just printed from the fbi site? also where can I go to be fingerprinted, I went to policia federal en San Isidro and they told me, they dont do that. thanks!

Hi, where do I get the fingerprint card, can it be just printed from the fbi site? also where can I go to be fingerprinted, I went to policia federal en San Isidro and they told me, they dont do that. thanks!
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)] I went to the Consular Section of the American Embassy where I [/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]got instructions for "Obtaining A U.S. Good Conduct Certificate". One of its requirements was for me to be fingerprinted so I wandered around BsAs for awhile looking for an authorized fingerprinter. Finally I went to[/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)] the police station across from the zoo. They did an old fashioned, ink, fingerprint which I sent to the FBI on April 24, 2013. [/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]I was also fingerprinted, this time electronically, when I applied for the good conduct certificate of the local police.[/background]

Back