Fedex Vs Ups Vs Dhl, Recent Experiences With Documents.

GuilleGee

Registered
Hello all!

I wanted to submit this query to the forum for some input. We all know things change often and without notice in Argentina so want to know what experiences people have had in the last 3-4 months.

The question is:

What provider currently does the best delivering mail from the US to Buenos Aires proper (either a home or office address)? The mail in question is just be documnets (about 50 pages) and needs to get to my wife quickly, hopefully the by the 20th.

Please - only recent experiences.

We had UPS send mail to us from Austin TX at $107.91 USD to an Argentine office in Palermo within 3 days on May 16, 2014. Weight of documents: 1 lb.

No problems at all with Fedex/documents. I send/receive docs pretty regularly via fedex without problems.

Hi! If anyone really gets in a bind with getting documents or smaller items to the US quickly, I work for the airlines out of Miami and am in BA once a week for a day. I get a 75% discount on Fedex. Sometimes, people give me things in BA to ship out of Miami. I pass the Fedex discount on to you, and then you just pay me a "handling" fee (minimum 50 dollars) to take your item over to Fedex and ship it out. Because of the discount, it is much faster and cheaper in the Big Picture. Just send me a PM if you want to know anything else.

Documents are never a problem. But keep in mind photos do not count as documents (they are subject to import tax) and do not add ANYTHING to the package, like clothing, candy, make up, etc

off topic, but hello fellow Austinite!! (moving July 4th from Bastrop, TX to Argentina)

Documents are never a problem. But keep in mind photos do not count as documents (they are subject to import tax) and do not add ANYTHING to the package, like clothing, candy, make up, etc

What about sending documents, including a few passport photos, from Buenos Aires to the U.S. with FedEx? I can't imagine passport photos taken here would cause a problem...right? Probably a silly question, but I've never used FedEx here and I'm a little nervous.

Back