Feliz Cinco De Mayo Y Dia De Independencia!

steveinbsas

Registered
After living in Mexico for over five years, I set foot on Argentine soil for the first time eight years ago today.

I still consider it my "Independence Day" from Mexico.

And I'm still happy to be living in Argentina! :)

After living in Mexico for over five years, I set foot on Argentine soil for the first time eight years ago today.

I still consider it my "Independence Day" from Mexico.

And I'm still happy to be living in Argentina! :)

I have relatively few complaints about Argentine food - nobody's forced me to eat milanesa con dulce de leche - but Mexican cuisine is far superior.

I have relatively few complaints about Argentine food - nobody's forced me to eat milanesa con dulce de leche - but Mexican cuisine is far superior.
Negatory on that bud,you are clearly wrong VIVA LAS MILANESAS DEATH TO THE FRIJOLES!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

I celebrated this morning with a breakfast of juevos rancheros, made with Rosarita brand refried black beans and Casa Fiesta brand jalapenos.

(And that's what I make almost every morning.)

I celebrated this morning with a breakfast of juevos rancheros, made with Rosarita brand refried black beans and Casa Fiesta brand jalapenos.

(And that's what I make almost every morning.)

"¿juevos?" Atlas Shurgged at that one too. Maybe it's what you get from gargling Galt for too long.

Jumping on a spelling error is the best you've got?

Ayn's Acolytes are not merely orthographically challenged. In case you overlooked or missed it elsewhere, I'll refresh your memory with a pungent "Rotten Tomatoes" review of their favorite film: "There are two films that can change a 14-year-old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged [Shurgged]. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Actually I think in this case Redpossum is going to give you more trouble for juevos than ajoknoblauch. I must say that seafood and food in general (except for a few things) seems to be much better in the P.V. area you mentioned you lived in than it would ever be around here. You can get decent steak in P.V., you can't get many things here.

Ayn's Acolytes are not merely orthographically challenged. In case you overlooked or missed it elsewhere, I'll refresh your memory with a pungent "Rotten Tomatoes" review of their favorite film: "There are two films that can change a 14-year-old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged [Shurgged]. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Here's something that I hope even a man with a PhD will be able to understand:

This thread, which I started, has absolutely nothing to do with Ayn Rand or Atlas Shrugged (either the novel or the films).

It was about celebrating the anniversary of my arrival in Argentina.

If you want to unload on Ayn and and Atlas Shrugged, I suggest you start a new thread in the culture forum.

Here's a suggestion for a topic: "Was Ayn Autistic?"

PS: "Atlas Shrugged" is far from my favorite film.

"Two For The Road" (with Audrey Hepburn) is my all time favorite.

Back