Feliz Día del Amigo!

Napoleon

Registered
I'm posting this in the Newcomers Forum because all of the old hats are already familiar with this holiday, but...

FELIZ DÍA DEL AMIGO!!

...para todos y todas... ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Día_del_Amigo (for those who are less informed)

Enjoy your day with friends. I've got a little party to attend from ~12am-6am, but different people celebrate different ways.

Yesterday my roommate say about 4 ladies in their late 70s (at least) at a restaurant exchanging gifts at lunch. He said that the rate that it was taking for each gift to get to each amiga might have explained why they started the festivities a day early... so that they could wrap it up before the end of the 20th. (He keeeeeeeeds, he keeeeeeeeeds.)

But even at their advanced stages of maturity, they all shakingly swilled their post-lunch shot of lemoncello.

It's fun to see the bars & restaurants packed until all hours of the night on Friends' Days past. It's not as unusual on the weekend, but seeing people lurking to snag the next available patio table in Plaza Serrano at 2am+ on a school night was fun to explain to a friend's mother who was in town a couple of years ago and was doing her best not to fall asleep during the post-dinner nightcap.

So Happy Day everybody!

yes, have seen shops loaded with gifts for the occasion .

Happy Friendship Day Amigos :)

I thought that someone like you, with those extreme high moral and ethical standards, encounted in the thread about the shooting, would dedicate your day to mourning the deads and not partying and celebrating!

Back