Fiancee visa

georgecrjr

Registered
Buen dia!
I would appreciate any information, experiences, suggestions regarding
a K-1 Fiancee visa.
I have done the basic research and understand that the petition is processed in the U.S. before being passed to BsAs for the visa interview.
My questions relate to- my fiancee (Argentine, divorced, grown children
not living w/her, children supported by ex, owns property, job history, etc.) was denied a tourist visa; understanding the myriad denials with
little or no basis, will the denial influence a K-1?
Any ideas as to approval rate for Argentina applications?
Any ideas as to processing times for ARG?
FYI- the point of the tourist visa was for my fiancee to visit me in the U.S. so we could both decide where our relationship was heading.
After the denial, I have returned to BsAs for another 3 months (3 months
together previously.)
Again, any information is greatly appreciated.
Gracias
GR

I hope someone on this forum who wants to return to the US with an Argentine spouse can provide you with some info.

If a foreigner marries an Argentine, the doors to residency here swing wide open.

That is certainly not the case in the US (as a friend of mine discovered when he tried to visit the US with his Mexican wife).

Good luck!

georgecrjr said:
FYI- the point of the tourist visa was for my fiancee to visit me in the U.S. so we could both decide where our relationship was heading.

If that's what she told the U.S. consular agent, that's probably why her visa was denied. I have a friend who married a woman from Mexico who was in the U.S. on a tourist visa. She had to return to Mexico for some reason before she could get the papers to stay in the U.S. Not sure why?

I don't know much about U.S. visas, but maybe someone does! :) Good luck.

bradlyhale said:
I have a friend who married a woman from Mexico who was in the U.S. on a tourist visa. She had to return to Mexico for some reason before she could get the papers to stay in the U.S. Not sure why?

US immigration is always on the lookout for marriages of convenience.

Even if an American citizen wants to marry an Argentine and return to the US, I've "heard" that it's a lot easier if the US citizen already has permanent residency in Argentina.

georgecrjr, I am married to a Paraguayan and we went through some very similar things.

If you apply for the visa and give as a reason for the visit during the interview that you want to travel there with a boyfriend/girlfriend/potential spouse, or even mention that that is a part of the reason, I have been told that almost certianly you will be denied because that is one of the biggest reasons for someone to stay there - very much along the lines of the marriage of convenience thing, no matter how much property the person owns, etc.

As far as whether or not having been denied will affect the application for a fiancee visa, I don't believe so. I base this on conversations I've had via email with US embassy officials in Paraguay, as well as a lawyer that I dealt with in Paraguay.

From what I hear, a fiancee visa is a bit harder to get than a spouse visa. Either way, I don't believe that it will be a quick process. But if you're here long enough to figure out that you guys want to get married, I'd definitely get married here and apply for the spouse visa.

I'm not saying at all that you shouldn't try for the fiancee visa, just that the spouse visa is supposed to be faster and easier to get. Also, I think you only have 90 days in the States to get married on her arrival or she ahs to leave again.

Overall, I don't think you would have a problem going through the process, it's just a longer harder road than the spouse visa.

Back