Fibertel protest demonstration

SaraSara

Registered
I've heard that Tuesday at 7:00 p.m. there will be a demonstration in Plaza de Mayo by those opposed to the closing. I plan to be there.

The government wants to muzzle the media - what's left of it - and benefit the "telefonicas", which will make out like the bandits they are if Fibertel is forced to go out of business.

I'll be there Sara....wait for me before you start the piquete.

Just in case, get a....

silla1.gif

I like Fibertels broadband service. It will be a pain having to change my ISP for my properties if that time comes. But no company is above the law.

If Fibertel broke the law in such a flagrant way in the US, they would face similar repercussions.

People always try to make things political, but simple fact is, if Fibertel wouldn't have broken the law, the government would not have a stick with which to hit them over the head with.

But you can go ahead and support corporate criminals by making them out to be political martyrs.

AlexfromLA said:
If Fibertel broke the law in such a flagrant way in the US, they would face similar repercussions.

Not here they think they are above the law, to be honest they did and still behaving like that forever and now of course they are not going to change because there is a little and insignificant government who wants to change the Status quo they had been enjoying since the military left power.

They just ignore it and with the media power they posses they know can win the mind and will of the masses to tilt the opinion in their favor.

manufactured consent is a powerful tool at the disposal of the media. 95% of most people don't even realize they are being led by the nose.

" hey a bunch of billionaires broke the law, our government tried to sanction them for it, I know, lets go protest the government for defending our laws and interests ".

Yeah that really makes sense :rolleyes: .

Haha yeah they "broke the law," the commerce secretary didn't get his cut so now they're criminals and should have their company shut down...you guys are precious.

In the US, as bad as things are, we're not yet at the level where a major media operation gets shut down over a legal technicality (and failure to pay bribes) just because they're critical of the regime. Although, in all honesty, there is no regime-critical mainstream media in the US, it's all part of the same govt-media complex.

Wrong.

In the US, a company this large would never be allowed to do business without being a legally sanctioned and licensed corporate entity.

If Comcast cable just decided to unilaterally do business without getting licenses first, the state and federal government would not allow it.

You break corporate law you are a corporate criminal, simple as that.

Lol @ no critical mainstream media in the US

just more fox news sarah palin talking points. you should be embarrassed posting this drivel.

glenn-beck-fox-news.jpg

Fixed News Network is a mainstream media govt.-junky source owned 17% by a Saudi. Get lost. This thread is about the Argentine govt's illegal war on a company that's critical of its policies, everyone in BA knows this except the Peronist flunkies and the PC progressive American transplants.

any more mindless sound bites you would like to add without any actual substance ?

If a corporation refuses to abide by the law, it is the governments sworn duty to uphold the law. This is simple fact.

Political infighting aside, If fibertel wants to stick around, they should file for the proper licenses.

Period.

Back