Finally arriving

Kahretsem

Registered
I have just signed a contract with my company and will bring my wife and daughter to Buenos Aires for at least one year.
The company is in Pilar and we are thinking moving close to my job. I do though hear different things regarding Pilar.

- How is the life in Pilar. Will my wife be isolated or are there things to attend to? My daughter is 2½ and we need to have her in kindergarten. Can you advise on the living in Pilar?

We are being suggested that it would be better to move to San Isidro, alternatively Martinez. We do though wish to eliminate the worst commuting.
Furthermore my company have a hard time locating a furnished housing for us. I know furnished housing can be difficult to find and that you better have a contact.
- Do you have any ideas of where to search or do you have any contacts we can try? Both in Pilar, San Isidro or Martinez.

We arrive Buenos Aires Feb. 28th and will start the search and looking.
We wish for at least two bedrooms (one for us and one for our daughter). If there is an extra guest room this will be appriciated but is not a must.
Green area for our daughter would also be a bonus ;)

Thank you

Kahretsem said:
I have just signed a contract with my company and will bring my wife and daughter to Buenos Aires for at least one year.
The company is in Pilar and we are thinking moving close to my job. I do though hear different things regarding Pilar.

- How is the life in Pilar. Will my wife be isolated or are there things to attend to? My daughter is 2½ and we need to have her in kindergarten. Can you advise on the living in Pilar?

We are being suggested that it would be better to move to San Isidro, alternatively Martinez. We do though wish to eliminate the worst commuting.
Furthermore my company have a hard time locating a furnished housing for us. I know furnished housing can be difficult to find and that you better have a contact.
- Do you have any ideas of where to search or do you have any contacts we can try? Both in Pilar, San Isidro or Martinez.

We arrive Buenos Aires Feb. 28th and will start the search and looking.
We wish for at least two bedrooms (one for us and one for our daughter). If there is an extra guest room this will be appriciated but is not a must.
Green area for our daughter would also be a bonus ;)

Thank you

Congrats Kahretsem on your move and Welcome to BAires.

To search with Google first go to Google Argentina, http://www.google.com.ar and then search as:

pilar+alquiler+casa+amueblada

......you can change location for example in this case (pilar) for san isidro, martinez, olivos, tigre and so on.

Here are a couple of sample links of what you and or your company can find.

www.zonaprop.com.ar

www.casaspilar.com.ar

You can also copy & paste the links in the Google translator to read the advertisements in your preferred language.

Good Luck.

My father in law lives in Pilar. It is very nice. However it is quite a drive from San Isidro which is where my husband grew up. Both places are nice, but be prepared for 45min drive each way. We were making this drive every day last year when we stayed in Pilar. Pilar has everything you need ( Jumbo grocery stores, strip malls, burger king, mc donalds, everything. The Kansas restaraunt is not far away which I hear is really good.I would love to live in Pilar rather than where I am living which actually has nothing.

If you can be within walking distance of your job, I would recommend it. Protests of all kinds are common here, and the last thing you want to do is be held hostage by protesters blocking streets and highways, bus drivers going on strike, etc. In other words, don't rely on your car or public transportation if you don't have to do so. If it's not a protest, it will be a gas shortage or something else. Being close to your job will give you some added security that you'll actually be able to get there.

Back