Finally Back In Belgrano - Favourite Bars Anyone ?

Juanito

Registered
So,

I'm finally back in Belgrano in the long term rental that I wanted - the shift nearly killed me but we made it...

Now I am back in Belgrano the next thing is this - to find a really good drinking/watering hole... What would be great would be a good British style pub but if anyone has recommendations please let me know ?

Hmm, not much in that realm as far as I know, there is The Oldest on el cano, but it's sort of cursed with overly loud music imho. The vibe is more restaurant too. Buena Birra Social Club close by on zapiola, colegiales.

Hmm, not much in that realm as far as I know, there is The Oldest on el cano, but it's sort of cursed with overly loud music imho. The vibe is more restaurant too. Buena Birra Social Club close by on zapiola, colegiales.

Colegiales Positibilities:

Buena Birra Social Club: Zapiola 1353 (Wed->Sun, 6pm-12am or 1am, depending)

Cevelar: Elcano 3385 http://www.logiacervecera.com/2012/05/cervelar-colegiales.html (if it's still in this location)

I don't know Belgrano for jack.

Cevelar is sort of trapped between a pub and a shop to buy beer, doesnt feel like the place for losing a few hours. They do have a great selection.

Not too far to Antares in las canitas also.

Downtown matias is a theme restaurant, not bad for a quck bite but not a pub.

Yes Dublin (thought I'd abbreviate there :) thats the thing - have been there and you can obviously tell that what I am looking for is a place that feels like a pub ''back home''. For me ''back home'' basically means the places I have lived: Oz, Ireland, UK, etc, etc... To be honest the sort of pub you would find in Scotland - in Aberdeen or Edinburgh... The appearance is part of it but the *feel* of the place is important... I have a night off tonight and I am hanging out...

puerta uno in Barrio Chino. one of the best places I've been in BA. Great atmosphere, really good drinks and nice food. you def need to go
www.puertauno.com
For the outside you'll neve thing it's a bar, it's kinda hidden. You have to make reservations or get there early

Mad in Juramento and Libertador is a hamburger place with an amazing amazing bar. Really incredible drinks. Kinda expensive but a must

edit... sorry not brit style pubs... but worth stopping by

Thanks guys - you've given me a few more to add to my ''try list'' :) The CLOSEST thing I came to a real British style bar (for me anyway) was ''Jack the Ripper Bar'' in Recoleta - THAT is a definite must - the owner (the one we met anyway) is a great guy and we had a few fun nights there while we were living in Recoleta - I can't remember the address now but it was basically walking distance from our old apartment in Paraguay... I know they are on facebook and have a website too I think...

Back