Fines Just Went Up

jantango

Registered
http://www.bubblear.com/fines-went-up-find-out-how-much/

taking out the trash outside of scheduled hours
not removing dog excrement from the street
parking and speeding

I had a conversation recently with a policeman on a corner in my neighborhood. First, I asked if police can give a warning to drivers who don't stop at the intersection, especially when there are pedestrians trying to cross. He said it's not his job. Then I asked if they can talk to people who leave trash on the sidewalk when there are containers on each block for that purpose. Again, it's not his job.

Who is going to enforce the city regulations and get people to change their habits? I hope that fines are imposed so people wake up.

Janis .... liked your comments :D I was also impressed by policemen at the corner of my place, what a safe area...!!
THEN I found out that the cops are paid by the restaurant, making overtime, to play with their cell phones.... B) You can speed thru red light they will not bother...!

I too would like to know who is going to police this.
The police themselves couldn't give a rat's ass about speeding, red lights, seatbelts, crash helmets, five up (including babies and chickens) on a motorcycle and dogs shitting all over the place as they're more concerned with not being shot at themselves, seriously.
Not long ago on my motorbike cruising down the Panamericana, I passed a bloke on Yamaha doing about 100, texting, smoking a cigarette and reading a road map at the same time. No helmet either.
There's a huge education curve here, much like in the UK, drinking and driving has become a social curse, not just because it's damned dangerous but also because you'll get zero sympathy if caught.
It may be a step in the right direction, but people need to realise that it's not OK to flout things anymore.

Well I just got a 2000 peso fine :eek: for speeding on the pan-americana (in pvca) and a legal notice so yeah..someone is enforcing the rules.

I was recently in the city of Punta Alta. Parking regulations in the central business district requires a paper boleto to be placed on the dashboard (good for a maximum of one hour). The rate is $5 pesos per hour. The fine for non-compliance is $500 pesos. There is a small army of police walking through the area checking for violators. At least they blow a whistle and wait about a minute before writing the multa (ticket).

Redbeanz :
On a rather sad but true note.This actually happened in Rosario about 10 years ago.
A resident would walk his dog daily on the sidewalk right outside a neighboring building where the "engargado" had just washed it down
and the dog would inadvertently take a shit on it..
One day the "encargado" came out with a gun and shot the dog dead then and there.
The moral of the story: always carry a "pooper scooper " when walking your dog.in Rosario.

Redbeanz :
On a rather sad but true note.This actually happened in Rosario about 10 years ago.
A resident would walk his dog daily on the sidewalk right outside a neighboring building where the "engargado" had just washed it down
and the dog would inadvertently take a shit on it..
One day the "encargado" came out with a gun and shot the dog dead then and there.
The moral of the story: always carry a "pooper scooper " when walking your dog.in Rosario.
Amend that to: everywhere in Argentina. We have two dogs and my right back pocket is reserved for (and filled with) plastic bags.

Back