First Time In Buenos Aires And Want To Drive A Car

Shoeb

Registered
Hi everyone,

I arrived last week to BA with my cycle. had a fun time with the customs as they wanted to charge duty me for it, but ended up allowing me to take it without any charges.

Now I have a Car from company to travel to Plant everyday, I have my International driving permit and my country license. But my company says you need to get a local license if you want to drive in Buenos aires also a blue card is required which they will issue once I have my local license.

Is it the process, as I am really surprised. Getting a DL will almost take me 1 month. I am here only for 3 months.

Please guys can you help me with this. Or what is the best way to excuse if got caught by a Cop without license,

regards,
Shoeb

I drive here with my international license and my irish license with no problems. I have been stopped twice by police (in capital and provincia) and they have never had a problem.

The blue card is the cedula azul and is basically to show you have permission form the car owner to drive their car. Can't understand why they are saying you need a local license?? Maybe someone here can help more than me, sorry

Legally, your company is correct. And if they want you to be legal, and its their car, I would guess they can make you do it the right way.

Lots of things in Argentina are more complicated, and take longer, than they do in other countries.

Its part of its charm...

Getting a local license would also require a written test in Spanish. I doubt you will be able to clear that test.

With basic Spanish it can be done.

Beware of the Physco evaluation though...........

Nevermind that!!!!! you just drive with your international DL as far a blue card can be issued to anyone you don't need a local DL If the CO. says you can't maybe it's because they don't want you to drive their car other than to go to work.

Back