Fish in Buenos Aires

Ceviche - Do you cook the "pescado entero" or do you cook filets. what kind of recipee do you use? I LOVE fish!
I brought a 3-compartment bamboo steamer from the states where I steam filets, rice and vegetables such as thinly sliced zucchini, eggplant, red bell peppers or broccoli, corn, celery and/or beets. I use a home made hummus sauce w/o the sesame oil. Or one with fresh lemon juice, mostaza (ARG version of mustard) and chopped garlic. Or top dish with olive oil, chopped cilantro and julienne cut raw red onions and carrots and/or cabbage. Or Italian style with fresh tomatoes, basil (when in season) and shallots or white onions. Or French style with sliced mushrooms, shallots and a red wine sauce thickened with cornstarch or arrowroot floor.

Is it easy to get good quality fish sauce, sea food sauce and palm sugar syrup in BA?
I agree with the post by Ries.

You click in “quote” and you copy the first word inside [] and the last one between [] and magic, you quote properly because what you do is enfuriating.

You want fresh, it is so fresh that it moves (it is mine video):

Last edited:
You will find plenty of options, all good, at the shop Ichiban in Barrio Chino. At a personal level, I find the fish there better than at Casa China (Another China Town treasure), in quality as well as options to choose from. In my experience, fishes are sold every day. I was there yesterday as well.
On another but related topic, I still haven't found out a place to buy goat meat at (Chivito)...

Back