Fish n chips or salt n vinegar crisps?

Fettucini

Registered
Has anyone happened to come across an unlikely fish and chips shop in Buenos Aires?
Or Salt and Vinegar crisps?

Enough of this peanut butter, root beer nonsense, an important question at last!
erm... but no, I haven't. I'll keep looking though.

The fish shop on Santa Fe does fried battered fish to go. But no chips. Hermanns on Santa Fe across from the botanico also does a fried battered fish with papas fritas. If you want drop by here & i'll give you bottle of malted vinegar to take with you! ;D

Yeah will have to find some malt vinegar to take, but Hermanns sounds like a good choice.
I heard that Gibralter were also doing fish and chips a year or so ago, anyone know if they're still doing them?

Great recommendation, this place does really traditional fish and chips and they had malt vinegar! Perfect Saturday lunch hangover cure

The fish and chips at Gibraltar is the best (and only) I've had, they're $24 pesos I believe.

Fettucini said:
Great recommendation, this place does really traditional fish and chips and they had malt vinegar! Perfect Saturday lunch hangover cure

So Hermann's is the one you liked? I didn't know they had the malt vinegar. I was actually thinking of taking mine with me. :D

I haven't had it yet, I just saw others eating it & it looked good. This is my goal for the week: Fish & chips at Hermann's!

Fish and chips= filet ( de merluza ) a la romana con papas fritas is at almost every restaurant and take out place ;) The rule is if they make milanesas, they make this too.

Back