Fish Sauce for Thai and Vietnamese cooking?

sketchyblueeyes

Registered
Hi All

Does anyone know where I can find fish sauce? not like, sauce for fish, but that really salty sauce made out of fish that is essential for thai cooking? I'd really appreciate it!

Barrio Chino en Belgrano.

Juramento y Arribenos...(near the Belgrano R train station).

Look for the big Asian supermercado on Mendoza as well as the smaller ones on Arribenos.

sketchy, I just returned your PM with a lot of detail about specific brands and stores. :) Happy eating is in store for you!

Hey guys

Sorry Sketchy to jump on your thread :0) but wondered if anyone could give me a heads up on this stuff too. been to barrio Chino and that was cool but wondered if there were anymore places scattered about that might be closer.

Barbarella_in_BA said:
Hey guys

Sorry Sketchy to jump on your thread :0) but wondered if anyone could give me a heads up on this stuff too. been to barrio Chino and that was cool but wondered if there were anymore places scattered about that might be closer.
Nope, sorry. Barrio Chino is pretty much it for things like fish sauce, although they do sell coconut milk in places scattered around the city (just not the light kind)--most recentlyI've seen it in Mercado del Progresso as well as the Coto in Caballito.

There is a very small store on Beruti betwenn Ecuador and Anchorena, owned by a Chinese man that carries different sauces ( oyster, fish, soy, coconut milk, curries, etc )

Back