Fixins For Chili Con Carne

bobg

Registered
I've been thinking that I might bring a package or two of McCormicks Chili seasoning back to BsAs. But I don't recall ever seeing two of the essential ingredients there - beans (either dark red kidney beans or black beans) and canned diced tomatoes. I know I could use fresh tomatoes but would prefer cans of diced tomatoes.

Have any of you made it?

Thanks, Bob

The McCormick website doesn't give full disclosure on what their Chili seasoning contains: CHILI PEPPER AND OTHER SPICES (INCLUDING CUMIN), ENRICHED WHEAT FLOUR (FLOUR, NIACIN, IRON, THIAMINE MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), ONION, SALT, AND GARLIC.

You can buy chili pepper (ahi), cumin (comina), garlic (ajo), and onions (cebolla) everywhere in BA. The same goes for black and red kidney beans; canned in the grocery stores, or dry in the health food stores (dieteticas), or organic at the MAPO market. Groceries carry diced tomatoes if you're too lazy to chop fresh ones.

Funny part is you can get every bit it of and more in URU even the right cheeses. I was cooking allot of Mexican there not so much here. There was even a real Chinese buffet with very high quality. Great Greek and more.

The McCormick website doesn't give full disclosure on what their Chili seasoning contains: CHILI PEPPER AND OTHER SPICES (INCLUDING CUMIN), ENRICHED WHEAT FLOUR (FLOUR, NIACIN, IRON, THIAMINE MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), ONION, SALT, AND GARLIC.

You can buy chili pepper (ahi), cumin (comina), garlic (ajo), and onions (cebolla) everywhere in BA. The same goes for black and red kidney beans; canned in the grocery stores, or dry in the health food stores (dieteticas), or organic at the MAPO market. Groceries carry diced tomatoes if you're too lazy to chop fresh ones.

Thank you Jantango.

Funny part is you can get every bit it of and more in URU even the right cheeses. I was cooking allot of Mexican there not so much here. There was even a real Chinese buffet with very high quality. Great Greek and more.

Funny part is you can get every bit of it and more in Buenos Aires... the ingredients are very basic. With the exception of the chess -- which I don't know what you use, jack? Cheddar you can get in BA now too...

There aren't canned beans in BsAs to the best of my knowledge. Buy dried and soak. You can find cans of diced tomatoes.

Back