Flemish Teacher?

mini

Registered
What are the chances? Anyone know someone who can give Flemish lessons starting from (almost) zero?

Thanks!

Katti... Calling Katti!!

PS- I know a northern Belgian girl, but she no longer lives in BA. Though she might have friends still here. I'll drop a line.

Napoleon said:
Katti... Calling Katti!!

PS- I know a northern Belgian girl, but she no longer lives in BA. Though she might have friends still here. I'll drop a line.

I forgot about our Katti. But I doubt she's going to want to teach Flemish to a couple of "bobos". ;)

yes, I am as flemish as can be, but I am no teacher... Who wants to learn Flemish anyway???

BTW Northern Belgian girls are Flemish girls

Maybe you can contact this person, there are quite a few Flemish here, maybe there is a teacher among them : http://vlamingeninargentina.skynetblogs.be/

Mini, I checked the site I send you, and they have a place for "job offers" so I am sure they can help you.

katti said:
Mini, I checked the site I send you, and they have a place for "job offers" so I am sure they can help you.

Thank you. But since I don't yet speak Flemish I can't really find my way around the site. :( Could you point me to the specific place to place the ad?

Flemish has the same grammatical as Dutch from the Netherlands, only the pronunciation is a bit different. There're several schools in BsARs giving Dutch lessons. I learned it in the 20 years I was living there and it's not a very easy language but then again not impossible.

Dutch And Flemish are the same language, the difference between both is similar to the difference between Spanish in Spain and in Argentina, or English in England and US. We have different expressions, vocabulary and a (very) different accent. Dutch movies in Belgium have subtitles and vice versa, although the news in both countries we would understand without any problem, both Dutch and Flemish.

Native English speakers will find Dutch a lot easier then for example Spanish speakers. Dutch on the other hand is closer to English (in pronounciation) then Flemish is (which is closer to French in pronounciation). The Dutch will always speak English with a better accent then the Flemish, the Flemish will speak French and Spanish with a better accent then the Dutch....

If you think about moving to Belgium, it would be more convenient (and easier) to learn Flemish, but if there is no other option, learning Dutch would be better then learning nothing at all...

mariano-BCN said:
Flemish has the same grammatical as Dutch from the Netherlands, only the pronunciation is a bit different. There're several schools in BsARs giving Dutch lessons. I learned it in the 20 years I was living there and it's not a very easy language but then again not impossible.

Thanks. I don't want to learn Dutch. I want to learn Flemish. If there is a Flemish speaking teacher at those classes I'd be happy to go. But we would rather have private lessons. Can you send me the name of the school(s)?

Who said it was impossible to learn?! :)

Hi Mini!
Are you thinking of moving to Flanders??? I´m Flemish! I´m not a teacher, but it seems me fun to do it. So let me know if you´re still looking for someone.
Besos,
Griet

Back