Flight/residence question!

EDC

Registered
I am planning on flying to Salta the day after we have our civil wedding and am wondering whether this would qualify me for resident rates on the flights (1000 peso return instead of 2000!)

The LAN website has the following statement:

IMPORTANT: These fares are only available to RESIDENTS of Argentina, in accordance with article four of Resolution 35/2002 by the Ministry of Production's Secretary of Transportation. In the event that a passenger is not a resident, he or she can purchase tickets at some of LAN.com's international sites. When boarding, the passenger will be asked to provide documentation confirming his or her residency. A passenger with a ticket for this class will not be boarded if her or she fails to provide said documentation.

Would documentation confirming I am married to an Argentine citizen be enough to count as proof as residency or do I need to do some kind of tramite first? I'm thinking its probably the latter and I will have to cough up the extra cash but worth a shot!

Anyone else had this situation? Any help is much appreciated!

Cheers!

I was in a similar situation while waiting for my DNI, I even had the number, I was just waiting for the physical card and from my enquiries it still wasn't possible to get the lower rate.

pauper said:
I was in a similar situation while waiting for my DNI, I even had the number, I was just waiting for the physical card and from my enquiries it still wasn't possible to get the lower rate.

I just flew on Aerolineas this week on the lower rate. They asked for my ID when I checked in. Showed them my passport which has nothing it it about being a resident & they didn't say a thing. But others have had problems. Maybe it was luck.

hmmmm...tempted to try the local ticket.

I heard that if you do online check-in with LAN and take only carry on luggage you can get through OK.

Has anyone tried this and what was the outcome?

And also, if you did get busted, did you just pay the difference or have to buy a new ticket?

We have DNI's, and 2 years ago, and once again a few weeks ago we purchased domestic tickets online for a non-resident, accompanying visiting friend at the local rate. During checkout, we selected the passport option for them and entered their USA pp #.

We had no issues at check in. This was with LAN 1st and most recently with Aerolineas. Our last guest also checked-in his bag at the counter with Aerolineas and the woman at the counter went through our DNI's and his Passport and said nothing. We think they look the other way because at least some in the group has a DNI, but it could simply be they don't care once the tickets are paid and you get to check-in. Who knows... but if you do this, be ready to pay for the full fare in case they decide to enforce the policy.

good luck. :)

Back